Imagine a terrorist attack now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Proper carries no moral judgment.

There is a proper way for a scientist following scientific methodology to classify species according to the established methods of science.

There is no moral judgment in the process...

The rest of your fishing expedition is non productive.

#41     Mar 4, 2009
  2. If you are thirsty, then I assume you can get yourself something to drink.

I don't refer to the dictionary of the plastic masses...I will leave that up to the plastic ET mass psychology...

The truly sophisticated can slum it any time they want and never lose their status or class while doing so...

The unsophisticated never have that liberty, they are stuck in their own narrow confines...they know can never rise above their rube breeding, and the sophisticated know it as well...

#42     Mar 4, 2009
  3. bronks

bronks

OMG... this is some funny shit. Zz, you crack me up! Perhaps we should commission a study on the differences between panties: cotton/polyester, to differentiate between a hooker, or just a socialite who just wants to feel like one?

I know now that you are paid instigator of this site. It would take a truly evil mind to separate social class by what they stick in their mouth... nevermind what you stick in yours.

#43     Mar 4, 2009
  4. Sorry, would you mind clarifying this? If someone is "truly sophisticated" and they "can slum it any time they want and never lose their class or status" by sipping Coke from a can, this does not correlate with what you said earlier:

So if "a refined gentleman or lady" will just not sip Coke from a can and will instead demand a glass and not a plastic cup, even in an emergency situation, wouldn't they never have to "slum it up"?

If they're not drinking from a plastic cup, they haven't lowered themselves to the mass plastic levels, right?

Again, I appreciate your thoughts on class and status as viewed through the prism of the plastic beverage container dilemma that those of higher breeding may be faced with in an emergency situation.

#44     Mar 4, 2009
  5. A high class hooker and a low class hooker are just classes of hookers...

#45     Mar 4, 2009
  6. Try asking you question in a simple way if you really want some clarification.

Your compound style leads to little efficiency.

Also, there is no plastic beverage container dilemma that I am aware of.

People choose paper or plastic all the time, and they can choose bottled water or water in a plastic container...

Sorry, would you mind clarifying this? If someone is "truly sophisticated" and they "can slum it any time they want and never lose their class or status" by sipping Coke from a can, this does not correlate with what you said earlier:

So if "a refined gentleman or lady" will just not sip Coke from a can and will instead demand a glass and not a plastic cup, even in an emergency situation, wouldn't they never have to "slum it up"?

If they're not drinking from a plastic cup, they haven't lowered themselves to the mass plastic levels, right?

Again, I appreciate your thoughts on class and status as viewed through the prism of the plastic beverage container dilemma that those of higher breeding may be faced with in an emergency situation.
    [/QUOTE]

#46     Mar 4, 2009
  7. bronks

bronks

Bait... you're not sucking me down that rabbit hole. I only clicked on this thread because the title had merit; only to find the you disfigured it, as only you can, into an argument about paper or plastic.

#47     Mar 4, 2009
  8. Oh bait-less one!

I can't help what people do when they go to the grocery store and then buy stuff they never intended to...

In the end, it just becomes another paper or plastic checkout...

#48     Mar 4, 2009
  9. Very well, since you asked: First you said sophisticated and cultured gentlemen and ladies would never drink a beverage from a can, even in an emergency situation.

Later you said the truly sophisticated would retain their status if they were to lower themselves and drink a beverage from a can.

The contradiction is that you say they would never do such a thing (drink from a can), and later state that if they were to do so (slumming it, you said), they would still retain their high status.

Therefore, the issue of their retaining their status is moot as they would never lower themselves to drink from a can to begin with, right?

#49     Mar 4, 2009
  10. Very well, since you asked: First you said sophisticated and cultured gentlemen and ladies would never drink a beverage from a can, even in an emergency situation.

Provide a link to exact quote you are making claim to.

Later you said the truly sophisticated would retain their status if they were to lower themselves and drink a beverage from a can.

Yes, they retain their status even if they have to slum it for some reason...

The contradiction is that you say they would never do such a thing (drink from a can), and later state that if they were to do so (slumming it, you said), they would still retain their high status.

No contradiction. Most folks say "I would never do ________, which means they would never want to do _______, but an emergency unique situation might force them temporarily to act against their will or better judgment.

Now, do you really want me to start giving hypothetical situations where people are forced to make a choice between deeply conflicting acts?

Therefore, the issue of their retaining their status is moot as they would never lower themselves to drink from a can to begin with, right?

Retaining their status is not moot at all, it is reality of their status to be above sullying because of some unique situation that requires slumming it...

#50     Mar 4, 2009