Imagine a terrorist attack now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Mar 3, 2009.

1. If the jihadists are as patient as the experts say, they should just bide their time. In a few years, it's possible that there really won't be much left worth attacking.

Consequences...

#11     Mar 3, 2009
  2. If you're still drinking bottled water, you should give it a second thought. It's becoming clear that bottled water may not be very good for your health, especially if it's the type where the water is put into the bottles on the same production line on which the bottles themselves are extruded.
    Touche.

#12     Mar 4, 2009
  3. I am deeply touched at the sincerity of your concern for the type of bottled water I drink...

Or I am really deeply touchéd?

Not that it matters, but keep trying junior...

#13     Mar 4, 2009
  4. No problem, I think everyone should know about it and make an informed choice.

Back to the topic at hand...

#14     Mar 4, 2009
  5. Informed choice is good, like knowing the difference between bottled water (bottled means glass---not plastic) and water in plastic containers...

The uninformed think bottled water comes in a plastic container...

I suppose it all comes down to breeding and use of language after all...

#15     Mar 4, 2009
  6. Good point, NIk. Water is important to keep the body hydrated, flush out toxins, keep the liver healthy.

I don't drink much alcohol at all, but there are probably some here who do, perhaps in excess, possibly every day, and they should be encouraged to drink a lot of water to flush out the system so they can recover quicker.

#16     Mar 4, 2009
  7. This is interesting. Thank you for posting it.

My understanding is that bottled water does not necessarily mean the bottle is glass. As everyone knows, water is sold in bottles that are made out of plastic. Those are also classified as "bottled water."

Per Wikipedia:

"In addition, bottled water is one of thousands of beverage and food products sealed in safe, sanitary containers, which may be made from plastic or glass."

One does not go around saying, "may I please have water that is in a plastic container." One says, "May I please have some bottled water." Of course, those with different "breeding" may say it differently.

If you are inclined, I look forward to being educated further on the term "bottled water" and this interesting interpretation of yours that the bottle must be made of glass to be so classified.

#17     Mar 4, 2009
  8. You are absolutely correct, hap. In the west, 'bottled water' has come to mean water provided in plastic bottles. The current debate over 'bottled water' does not have anything to do with water factory packaged in glass bottles.

It would seem slightly strange for anyone to claim that in America or Canada, 'bottled water' means water packaged in glass bottles, considering the ubiquity of plastic water bottles and the growing debate about their potential impact on health. This is a common sense matter. In fact, if anyone tried to claim that 'bottled water' meant anything other than water in plastic bottles, we might think that the individual was simply claiming that in order to bait an opponent.

A wise man once said 'It ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun'

:)

Thanks for that clarification, hap.

Now, back to the topic at hand...the effect of a terrorist attack now, when America might be seen to be in a period of turmoil.

#18     Mar 4, 2009
  9. Nik, I would be very disappointed if I was being baited. Surely Baron and Joe, being the unbiased lords of ET, would not look kindly on that either.

Despite our well-documented differences, I would like to think that it is possible to have civil discourse at times with 777. I genuinely am interested in hearing how one's "breeding" relates to the definition of "bottled water."

#19     Mar 4, 2009
  10. Yes, you would think that if a member hijacked a thread with a statement like 'Bottled water means water bottled in glass and not plastic and anyone who doesn't know that suffers from inferior breeding', a mod might come along and say 'please guys, let's not make blatantly ridiculous statements for the purpose of derailing the thread and showing another member that you don't like him'.

Let's see what happens.

By the way, the fact that you responded the way you did doesn't mean you can be baited. It means you have intellectual integrity. There are others on this site who don't have it.

#20     Mar 4, 2009