IMac 27": Good for trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kqgone2da, Oct 30, 2009.

1. kqgone2da

kqgone2da

With Quad Core Intel processer, plenty of memory, an impressive video card, and not to mention the beautiful display, is this a good trading computer? Or should I just get a Dell w/ a big monitor? Thanks.

2. if you are spending that much to get a mac just go ahead and get a good windows comp. it will be better by all standards for trading.

3. the imac will be a dream machine. I use it and run windows on it during the day for trading only. Everything else I use it as a mac. You get 2 machines bundled into one - a much better overall deal. You can run all software for both windows and mac!

4. rickf

rickf

+1

I use a 24" imac for trading and love it

5. Personally, I will never ever again trade on a Windows based machine. *nix only - in reality, that means OS X or Linux.

At the moment, I trade from a Macbook Pro (hooked up most of the time to a 24 inch display).

The only problem is that good charting applications are still rare (read: non-existent). However, you can always run them inside a virtual machine, while running your trading platform under OS X. With this, you get the best of both worlds.

I think the new iMac is a great deal. The only thing that holds me back is the glare display. I hope that the glare display fad disappears in the near future.

6. Can't you use some 1000 grit sandpaper to scratch it up?

7. zybex

zybex

8. nitro

nitro

I don't like it one bit either. I don't care that it is available, but offer me the option of the matt screen on all the macs as well.

9. is one monitor gonna be good enough for you?

i trade fulltime. i have 3 22in monitors.

I would not suggest all in ones.

when stuff breaks ur gonna have to basically replace the whole thing if it's something important. when i'ts not under warranty.

if ur gonna go with macs even pcs. buy there there stand alone desktops not all in ones.

10. just21

just21

#10     Nov 1, 2009