I'm wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashmoney69, Jun 8, 2006.

1. The best example I can give is from sports.

If you step in to hit against Randy Johnson and you have a good attitude, you will be relaxed and ready to swing when you get a good pitch. Unfortunately, unless you also have the ability to see and hit a 100mph fastball you will still probably strike out.

So you have to understand that attitude is where you start. Then you need talent and hard work. Good hitters study good pitchers. They analyze the way a good pitcher throws to them and they try to adjust so that they can get a good pitch to hit. Even then, they know that a significant percentage of the time, they will still strike out. Now you add patience and persistence to the equation.

What you can see here is that although attitude is important, it takes way more than JUST ATTITUDE to succeed.

Good luck,
    Steve

#11     Jun 9, 2006
  2. I started a property managment co. that included lawn maintenance and landscaping in 1997 and yes you'll be busting your ass at least 10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week for a few years.
    Stay small and suck-up the cash for as long as possible.:D

#12     Jun 9, 2006
  3. HAL 9000

HAL 9000

I mostly agree here. However, talent and hard work are where you start, not attitude. The difference between someone batting against The Big Unit in the big leagues, and someone batting in Single A ball is attitude (along with consistency). The difference between someone playing pro or semi-pro ball and someone playing on a church softball team is talent and hard work. I'd say without talent and hard work, attitude isn't even a factor.

#13     Jun 9, 2006