I'm voting for McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Kin, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Well there's certainly an undertone in this McCain ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTJDv4hevU

It's interesting though that Obama didn't even bring up race, the Republicans screamed "race card! race card!" after running this ad.

#21     Aug 3, 2008
  2. You proved my point however. YOU brought up race, NOT me, with your first reply. My original posting had NOTHING to do with race. It had to do with the fact that I don't believe anything coming from Obama's mouth.

#22     Aug 3, 2008
  3. You attacked Obama's wife and offered no explanation. I couldn't understand why you would attack her, so offered race as an explanation. Since you denied that, then we're back to square one.

Why did you attack Obama's wife? Is it because you listen to Rush Limbaugh?

#23     Aug 3, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Obama's wife is out there giving speeches at $1000 a plate fundraisers. These are events that need to be disclosed to the FEC. She is campaining for her husband, giving her perspective on his views.

That makes it all public debate

#24     Aug 3, 2008
  5. You ASSUMED I attacked her for her color. In fact, I attacked her for her FAMOUS anti American statement (in case you were on Mars at the time: The "I have never been proud of my country until now" statement. She was not mis quoted. That is exactly what she said, and has been trying to get out of it ever since.

The fact that I didn't state why I didn't like her is irrelevant. You just assumed it had to be racial, and now you are trying to squirm your way out of it with a lame argument. You are basically saying since Jayford didn't tell me why he doesn't like her, and she is black, it has to be racial.

We are not at square one. You are, in fact, reinforcing my point even more.

#25     Aug 3, 2008
  6. By the way, I think Limbaugh is a nut case. You are probably also assuming I am a neocon cause I don't like the Obamas. I'm not even Republican. I don't like either candidate. I just fear what Obama could do more than McCain.

I believe we need a third Party, and a brand new Congress. Kick out all the people in there now and start over.

Just so you do not assume anything else. Here is the Jayford platform. The condensed version anyway

Fiscal discipline enforced by law, no religion in politics period, and let states decide most social issues such as gays, abortion etc. I do believe low tax rates spur an economy, and since the current structure has been generating record revenues in excess of GDP growth, I'd leave it alone. When taxes do have to be adjusted, set a law that they can only be tweaked once per decade so business and individuals can at least do some long term planning. That about covers it.

#26     Aug 3, 2008
  7. I'm Black you fucking ignorant idiot.

#27     Aug 3, 2008
  8. Nonsense. She is campaigning on his behalf. Every presidential candidate's spouse does campaign events. That does not give you free tickets to attack them.

Cindy McCain does the same thing:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25335961/
    But I never bother with what her political views are. I think they're irrelevant.

#28     Aug 3, 2008
  9. I still assume it's racial. You're trying to squirm out of it but so far have been unconvincing. I was just pointing out how improbable other excuses would be.

You're just following Limbaugh's attack line. Again, whether she is indeed proud of America or ashamed of it, is irrelevant. It doesn't scare me. It shouldn't make her more scary than anyone else.

Your invocation of "She is scarier" without explaining the reason, is one of the typical tricks used by racists to arouse racial hatred. Here is a great example:

"Almost everyone I've talked to says 'we're going to move to Houston. What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

The "scary black man" has permeated our culture so much. It has become our cultural prejudice. So if you state that some black dude scares you, and do not explain why, then you're invoking the cultural default, that of the "scary black man." And you can't pretend that it's not racist.

And let me tell you why McCain is scary. Simple, he'll go to war with Iran. He'll go to war with China. That, my friend, is truly scary.

#29     Aug 3, 2008
  10. what's wrong with "I have never been proud of my country until now"?
    do you know what context she said it in?

wow. a lot of die hard republicans need to die out. it's only a matter of time I guess.

#30     Aug 3, 2008