I'm up to 20 consecutive profitable trades!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Hair is for men....why would I want to look like a female?

#11     Jun 13, 2003
  2. Yes, you are hands down the best stock picker on this planet. Time for you to now conquer the stock market of another planet.

#12     Jun 13, 2003
  3. prox

prox

#13     Jun 13, 2003
  4. It pleases me that you finally recognize my greatness. As a reward, I will allow you to join my Yahoo Group.

#14     Jun 13, 2003
  5. #15     Jun 13, 2003
  6. Is mrmarket really Walther with hair?

#16     Jun 13, 2003
  7. Ebo

Ebo

He is just a hairy Pump & Dump Guido that has got all the other Boar's Head Drivers to buy his stocks as well!

#17     Jun 13, 2003
  8. trader99

trader99

mrmarket,

Congrats on your great stock picks. But I think it's still a bit arrogant and PREMATURE to announce you are the best stock picker in the world. Do you mean to say you rivaled all the Market Wizards that ever lived? 20 consecutive trades might sound impressive but not as impressive as 20yrs track record.

Peter Lynch beat the SP500 for 10yrs. Bill Miller beat it for 11 yrs and counting. Warren Buffett had a tremendous 30yrs track record, and the 2nd richest man in the world. And he's a stock picker. And many of the Stock Market Wizrads had amazing record for decades too.

Until you approach that level, I think it would be wise to keep your EGO in check. It's fun to celeberate. When I have good days I feel good too. But I try NOT to deceive myself too much. You want to be in this business for the LONG RUN. 20 trades is nothing compared to the thousands and thousands of trades you'll do over your trading lifetime/career.

I would NOT even BEGIN to feel comfortable until I start to pull down 7figures annually and consistently with small drawdowns. I'm NO WHERE near that yet. So, I feel like I got a LONG way to go. And once I'm at 7figures, I want to go for the 8figures. Or STEADY returns over decades. It's a LONG LONG road ahead MrMarket.

but congrats!

#18     Jun 13, 2003

9. You are a wise man Trader99, and I respect and am grateful for your advice.

In my opinion, I have snatched the pebble from the Master's hand. It's time for me to leave.

#19     Jun 13, 2003
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Close out your losing positions yet?

or you just pretend they don't exist.

Your strategy is one of the biggest jokes when it comes to trading/investing. You might as well pick random stocks and do the same.

#20     Jun 13, 2003