Im up a ton today. LOVE these down days. Thanks for all the liquidity longs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Oct 19, 2007.

1. And not to mention, had I shorted the market I'D STILL be right..

My post from earlier. You guys remember when AAPL, RIMM, and GOOG got nailed the first day. That was your first signal. Everyone was too stupid to realize it and they got blind-sided. That was when i took the put.

#41     Oct 20, 2007
  2. For the record I did lose a good chunk of it back to the market though.

I took a long on SNDK for a bounce (thought it got beat up way too badly). That was stupid.

Live and learn I guess. Hate trying to play both sides of this shit.

#42     Oct 20, 2007
  3. I called this out on thursday, however never thought it would cut
    thru all the support areas like snot through a tin whistle, I stopped trading thank god after I was up a nice bit, did not like
    the action I was seeing and I am glad I did,I may have tried to fade a area of support there is no way of knowing none of them
    would hold.

Todays action just tells us never say never the markets can and will do anything.

Be careful next week, going long or short either way will be interesting

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TradePilotPro

For those of you that want to see what the Hindenberg Omen is
    check it out

Take Care,

Joe B

#43     Oct 20, 2007
  4. Athlon, I am not doubting that you are up, but anyone can say they are up.

Why don't you simply post your positions like Neke and stock_trad3r? That's the only way we can distinguish the true gainers from the bluffers. It would also give us a chance to track your progress throughout the year. Not just on 1 Day.

#44     Oct 20, 2007
  5. Ok...how many did you buy? what strikes? how far out?

what will you do when you see the dow down 1000-1200 points

S & P down 2 to 3 locked limits........i`ll bet you don`t even now what locked limit is,do you?

you have never seen a market in free fall where a bid can`t be found anywhere.your`e in a pot of boiling water & you don`t even know it because you refuse to respect the other side of the market & what it can do.

remember,history repeats......& no matter how long it takes to build something....it is decimated & destroyed 50x quicker than it took to build.

#45     Oct 20, 2007
  6. Just looking at Friday

Ripped through all areas that should have held

Pic of russell

#46     Oct 20, 2007
  7. i wouldn't take any type of short position on apple. this time next year the stock could be higher no matter what the market does.

#47     Oct 20, 2007
  8. What the BLEEP are you talking about! I'm up near 100% in 60-90 days on TBSI...LONG, ALL LONG BABY!! What are you ranting about making some money on little short lived profit taking pullback? Look at the charts and stop being a self righteous fundamental guru!

#48     Oct 20, 2007
  9. I didn't take it on apple. IMO they're going to beat. Look at the strength they've had in the price. That's a clear sign right there.

Everything BUT apple (until earnings).

GOOG is still up in the air.

RIMM toast

There were warnings signs out there guys. I hate to assume that some of you guys dont know what to look for.

#49     Oct 20, 2007
  10. Im not some guru. I've been there. It's simple as that. I gave a wake-up call that shit like this was on the table and got the craziest responses. I've lived through losses from 2000-2002 after the whole world said it wasn't gonna happen. Well it did. Too bad no one thinks that way anymore. How things change.

I learned the hard way. I guess everyone else has to too. Simple as that.

My way of going about it could be wrong, but I could care less. People have families to support, people to feed, and have zero clue what's gonna happen. So they put it in the market as a safe haven. Or in mutual funds.

HOWEVER, No one remembers the Enrons, the Worldcoms' the Lucents of YEARS ago. I do. If Im gonna let Cramer and the rest of the retards on CNBC spout the idea that the economy HAS ZERO chance of going down the shitter.....then ill take the other side of that trade any time.

In the meantime SELLING is always an option. How stupid is it to buy and hold these things without any fundamental analysis on market conditions with the risks out there at the moment.

I just dont get it.

Fine, I'll stick to trading my own account. Not a problem.

The real question is why do people visit this site.

There are 2 types those who have and those who have NOT.

The have NOTS come here to get help from those who know what they're doing. Unfortunately the have NOTS consist of probably 85% of this site.

Those who HAVE are the guys who have been through it and now feel their obligation to give back. They get a sense of satisfaction from it.

I know the crowd im speaking to.

Lastly, everyone needs a system for what they do. A system for getting in and a system for getting OUT. The key is a hard-lined SYSTEM that you take with you each and every day you make a trade. If you dont have one, you're bound to fail.

#50     Oct 20, 2007