Im up a ton today. LOVE these down days. Thanks for all the liquidity longs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Oct 19, 2007.

1. i'm bearish on the market and have been for a while. but how much did you lose shorting while waiting for your sunshine today?

#31     Oct 19, 2007
  2. Right... part of trading is knowing when to admit you are wrong. It's not about having balls, it's about making money.

#32     Oct 19, 2007
  3. Hehe, you're funnier than seinfeld.

#33     Oct 19, 2007
  4. Lets get some things straight on ET okay?

1) No one here ever loses money

2) Anyone who wants to say he's a professional is one

3) No matter what your thoughts on the market are they're always right.

4) Please go ahead and insult and bash anyone and everyone and then thump your chest as if you're the most powerful trader in the world

5) Please most of all when you make a right call you must say "I told you so" in some form or another and then toss in some figures on how much you made and how easy it was.

6) My all time favorite. Brag a lot about how you take money off all the suckers here and you shred the market makers in what ever product you trade. because we all know you always get to rape the retail orderflow the MM's just step aside when they see an ET trader coming so you pick the pockets of all the moms and pops out there and the stoolies here.

7) Last but not least make sure you insult anyone who doubts you and then toss in one of the two following lines. A) You're just pissed because I/the market took all your money... or ..... B) You're just pissed cause your broke

#34     Oct 19, 2007
  5. OK then.
    Anyways, today was just a massive shake 'n bake.
    Weak longs'll get killed. Shorts are being lined up against the wall, and the machine guns are gettin' loaded and oiled, ready to mow 'em down like so much wheat at harvest time.
    Every model I run, from short term models to ones that project out years, read this day's action as a setup for a nice, moneymaking long. I added to my positions in my all-long longer term accounts, and held on to all of my positions, long and short, in my short term ones.
    Today meant precisely nothing, in other words. When all is said and done, unless you successfully daytraded today's trend, if you're short, you're not going to be happy, overall, if you dared to hold those positions into this weekend. I went into today net long, and nothing that happened today was enough to shake that position.
    Of course, like anyone, I could be wrong. C'est la guerre.

#35     Oct 19, 2007
  6. One last sale before xmas rally?

#36     Oct 19, 2007
  7. Can't we call it a Halloween rally, at least? I mean, I know Christmas starts a little earlier every year, but still...

#37     Oct 19, 2007
  8. They made it easy for the monkies to sell into a selloff, not more uptick rule, so just follow the "Crowd".

Any fucking monkey made money on the short end in equities. But I know a few who made it on the Long end, now that is trading.

Fucking fool.:eek:

#38     Oct 19, 2007
  9. Fair enough:

1. Halloween rally
    2. Black Friday (thanksgiving) rally
    3. xmas rally

To break up the rallies, every so often Greenspan will raise the % chance of the US going into recession. This will causing a 1-3% market dip each time.

#39     Oct 19, 2007

10. Puts baby. Have you ever heard of them?

#40     Oct 20, 2007