Im up a ton today. LOVE these down days. Thanks for all the liquidity longs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

LOL

Did you mean we lose another lose another 140?

Shorting is suicide? Ha - Shorting is/was very profitable -- and anyone who has any understanding of trading knows it.

Go play a football game and only pass the ball -- forget the ground game. You SEVERELY limit your offensive potential. Same with trading.

#21     Oct 19, 2007
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Agree. I would especially like to thank the total retard who sold the 1525 Oct puts today for 2 points per contract. How can someone risk a 20-30 points loss on expiration day for a 2 point ($100 per contract) reward?? That to me is total stupidity.

#22     Oct 19, 2007
  3. buylo

buylo

Is that coolweb with another alias, in the first post?

#23     Oct 19, 2007
  4. almost certainly

#24     Oct 19, 2007
  5. Easy.
    They sell the cash index and/or futures against it.
    Duh.

#25     Oct 19, 2007
  6. I was wrong about today. Markets kept tanking, but it will easily rebound in the next month or so

great time 2 buy ewz and fxi calls

#26     Oct 19, 2007
  7. abxs

abxs

instead of blabbing about this or that, perhaps just look at the chart and see why the market tanked so much?

it's actually fairly easy to see... the FOMC wide spread bar from some time ago created a vacuum. There just isn't any support in there, and today we filled back that gap. Nothing special about it.

Except ofcourse we are official in a bear market now :D

#27     Oct 19, 2007
  8. that is called every dog has its day

fair, plain and vanila

#28     Oct 19, 2007
  9. as a professional, every day is my day, noy just today.

I am keeping buying DUG and keeping shorting those high flyers of DRYS...

#29     Oct 19, 2007
  10. Ok, good of you to admit that.

But honestly, what is your point? What is the use of 'buying the dips' when you never sell? When did you profit when did u loose? Where is the reference?

What do you tell all those that bought the dips at 14100? They lost 600 points!

How do you define 'trading'?

Ursa..

#30     Oct 19, 2007