I'm trying to make my t.v. into my secondary moniter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaverickChevy91, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Its plugged directly into the t.v., i'll put it back through my vcr and see how that works. Would the cord running from the vcard go into ant. in or line out on the vcr?

#11     Mar 21, 2006
  2. Ebo

Ebo

There should be an instruction manual near the turntable on hooking this up.

• tv.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    #12     Mar 21, 2006
  3. ROFL!

#13     Mar 21, 2006
  4. alright, sorry i kept putting the same reply, i wasnt looking on the other pages:D let me go into display and try enabling it.

#14     Mar 21, 2006
  5. whenever i go into display, it lists the moniter as inactive, but whenever i try to activate it, or enable it, and hit apply, it just stays disabled. I dont understand it.

#15     Mar 21, 2006
  6. Bsulli

Bsulli

Would help to know what brand of video card. In the case of an ATI using S video out it has to be directly connected and it's best to use the ATI control panel. Also the TV must be set to use the S Video in for the source. I have a system setup at my church that uses the configuration your trying to use and that is the issues we ran into. Also had to configure the tv to accept the resolution to match the card.

#16     Mar 21, 2006
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Most older TV's are not monitors.
    Unless you bought a "monitor" it is not a "monitor".

Do you BBQ steak in the Toaster oven?

#17     Mar 21, 2006
  8. Stop it - you're making me hungry!

#18     Mar 21, 2006
  9. Ebo

Ebo

I just hooked up my Router as Rabbit Ears for my Magnavox TV, I just need to figure out how to link my iPOD to my bathroom stereo so I can Poo n Play.

#19     Mar 21, 2006
  10. robbo

robbo

Why dont you just buy a new monitor on Ebay for $200.00-300.00

#20     Mar 21, 2006