I'm tired of IRS paperwork every year -- We Need a Change Now!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TopTrader8, Feb 3, 2008.

1. stylark3

stylark3

One more thing...

There is concern that an National Sales Tax would cause a myriad of accountants to lose their jobs.

But, I propose that if the IRS is still allowed to tax all business entities as it does now while having a National Sales Tax for the
    rest of us then most accountants will still be in business.

Why?

Well it seems to me that the main accounting professionals that would be effected by a National Sales Tax on the masses are the accounting professionals that work for establishments like H&R Block, Jackson Hewett or the Turbo Tax people.
    Moreover the majority of the masses don't use C.P.A's anyway ( although increasingly more of them or using Turbo tax or doing their own taxes).

So I really don't see how the majority of accountants would be out of work in the scenario I have proposed -- Continued Income Tax For Business Entities and a National Sales Tax for the rest of us.

Accountants working for corporate america for instance would still have their jobs because they will still be needed to keep the books straight or find the loopholes in order to help their company continue tax avoidance against the IRS.

#11     Feb 4, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

You're correct. If we had a simple, "post card" tax return, most of the accounting profession would be hurting for business.

We've made tax policy based not upon "what's good for the American people and the country in general", but what might be bad for a limited group.

In other words, the Gummint is "looking for an excuse" to make NO CHANGE... they like things just the way they are. Our current way of doing bidness is just the way greedy politicians like it.

#12     Feb 4, 2008
  3. BSAM

BSAM

IRS---The slickest form of slavery ever invented by man.

Live free or die.

Mike Huckabee 2008.

#13     Feb 4, 2008
  4. feb2865

feb2865

Simple solution

don't pay

the IRS is illegal

Many people doesn't know they have already lost in court - this is your best defense. The trials are part of public record so get yourself documented as well.

google - freedom to fascism- it's all in there - many people are raising against IRS and they all are wining.

get yourself educated -

Stop fearing the IRS - it's all smoke and mirrors.

#14     Feb 4, 2008
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Wait, you aren't Wesley Snipes are you?

#15     Feb 4, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

The Tax Court will likely SKEWER Snipes in public and thereby discourage other tax protesters... doesn't matter if he's in the right, only matters what the Gummint WANTS... and that's compliance with tax policy.

#16     Feb 4, 2008
  7. feb2865

feb2865

This is not a matter about Wesley snipes or being right or wrong.

It's about the law

You want to talk taxes and IRS?? first get educated.

just show me a LAW that entitles the IRS to collect fraudulently money off American citizens and we could take it from there.

Just find me the law.

pd: The law is not the IRS code by the way.

#17     Feb 4, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

None of what you say matters. The Gummint needs the money, WANTS the money, and will not allow a wave of tax protesters to build.... regardless of what's right, "the law" or the Constitution.

#18     Feb 4, 2008
  9. ryank

ryank

US Constitution, Amendment 16
    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from
    whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and
    without regard to any census or enumeration.

#19     Feb 4, 2008
  10. Getting educated is good. Getting educated watching Freedom to Facism........ not so good.

Here's a better place to research all your questions:

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

#20     Feb 4, 2008