I'm thinking of getting out of pakistan.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dakoo, May 30, 2012.

1. dakoo

dakoo

I was quoting a general anecdote buddy. My own situation is much better thankfully. Probably puts me in the top 2(or 1) percent of the G7.

#41     May 31, 2012
  2. dakoo

dakoo

I really appreciate your advice. If only the US was a flight away. Due to the "loving" relationship between the US and Paki governments a measly tourist visa would take me 6 months. hehe.
    If i can gain the trust that the dubai prop shop is a solid operation it would be my best option for now.Huge south asian community, low culture adjustment, and strong law enforcement. I suppose I'll have to pay the dubai prop shop a visit this summer.

Regards.

#42     May 31, 2012
  3. Sounds like things are working out. Just keep doing what you're doing I guess, from a friendly time zone.

#43     May 31, 2012
  4. dakoo

dakoo

I really appreciate your advice Cutten. If only the US was a flight away. Due to the "loving" relationship between the US and Paki governments a measly tourist visa would take me 6 months. hehe.
    If i can gain the trust that the dubai prop shop is a solid operation it would be my best option for now.Huge south asian community, low culture adjustment, and strong law enforcement. I suppose I'll have to pay the dubai prop shop a visit this summer.
    The intention is to have a place to crash and resume dealing in case the SHTF at home.

Regards.

#44     May 31, 2012
  5. So you are saying it's pointless to live in an entire region, if one immigration official in one country, one time was impolite to you? Get a grip! One of my friends was detained for 9 hours at Miami International because of his ethnicity, that doesn't mean the USA (not exactly a haven of racial harmony) is a bad place to live. Besides, Germany is not even in Eastern Europe. And I love the assumption that because you're white and have a US passport, you deserve better treatment!

#45     May 31, 2012
  6. dakoo

dakoo

By the way do any of you guys know anyone on this forum who is involved with or has dealt with the Dubai professional trading group? I did post a new thread on questions regarding them but no replies so far. The only mention I find on the internet is that the founder was a former head of risk management or something for Credit Suisse. If you guys know of anyone who deals with please point me to their username :D

Thanks

#46     May 31, 2012
  7. AK100

AK100

Then why are you wasting your time trying to get free information and ideas on this message board?

Do things properly, you have the money.

Contact http://www.herbertsmith.com/ in London, one of the country's top law firms. Pay them whatever their rate is (something like £300-£500 an hour) and they'll have no problem setting you up wherever you want to live and operate. That's what the 1% do.

#47     May 31, 2012
  8. dakoo

dakoo

Sometimes bouncing ideas of other people is quite helpful, as I did find this exercise quite informative. And as a correction i just discovered on google that the US top 1% if $350000. In that case I'm a top 5 percenter:D (smiles sheepishly)
    I concur with you on the need for a professional law firm for these matters. Just that the idea of having a second alternative place came like a spark 2 days ago. And who better to ask for some local color than fellow traders:cool:

Regards.

#48     May 31, 2012
  9. d08

d08

Some Americans are just plain hilarious. Do you know what American borders are like? I guess you don't. If they'd only throw my passport around, I'd be happy! Plenty of Americans are living across Europe who are fairly content, haven't heard any complain about being treated badly.

For the OP, Dubai would be good as there is a big Pakistani population, so one could mingle among their own if wishing to do so - would be a home away from home situation.

#49     May 31, 2012
  10. dakoo

dakoo

Not to mention I've only been in this game for more than 2and a half years and am much younger than you probably think I am. Hence looking for general advice from experienced hands to get a feel for what I'm about to getting into.

#50     May 31, 2012