I'm thinking of getting out of pakistan.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dakoo, May 30, 2012.

1. Hey... Not to mention all of the US stocks and futures markets...!

#21     May 30, 2012
  2. Unfortunately he is unlikely to get a residence visa, and definitely won't get a work permit. Even some EU citizens can't get work permits there.

#22     May 30, 2012
  3. Really...?

Why...? Are the Brits not as welcoming to people from their former colonies as they used to be...?

Besides... He's going to be coming in with 100K or so... so he isn't going to be a charity case.

Should probably look at setting up a business in England... That might get him in.

#23     May 30, 2012
  4. just21

just21

A generous welfare state cannot have unlimited immigration. Scrap the welfare state and then the work can be done by the people who are already there lessening the demand for immigrant labour.

#24     May 30, 2012
  5. Got nothing to do with it... This guy is a trader with 100k who wants to relocate in order to trade. He ain't moving there or anywhere for the welfare...! He might not even get citizenship... and move back to Pakistan if things improve.

#25     May 30, 2012
  6. just21

just21

7. #27     May 30, 2012
  8. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/tier1entrepreneurguidance1.pdf

Yeah... so I haven't read the entire document but putting 50K in GBP in an UK prop firm (or a financial institution, don't know if a trading account with a broker counts) sounds about good enough to get him in as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur...

Otherwise he would require 200K GBP to start his own business...

At least that's my understanding of it... so far.

#28     May 30, 2012
  9. dakoo

dakoo

Interesting inputs from all you guys. At this point I am no particular hurry but it's about keeping options open if things turn for the worse. I'm also looking at turkey right now. Anybody who buys an apartment there is eligible for a residence visa. Seemingly decent apartments for decent prices. there too. the climate is nice , law and order is good ... taxes are not too atrocious.
    So at the moment the two most reasonable options for me seem turkey and dubai.
    The thing i would have against dubai is that it is an artificial society. i wonder how much of a factor that would be.

Once again. Thanks guys.

#29     May 30, 2012
  10. zdreg

zdreg

"Yeah... so I haven't read the entire document "
    you are not qualified to give advice.

#30     May 30, 2012