I'm thinking of getting out of pakistan.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dakoo, May 30, 2012.

1. dakoo

dakoo

add blasphemy to the list .... I have had relatives live in the middle east for a few decades. The trick is to mind your own business, work hard and not discuss religion and politics. No one will touch you then. I realize that it is very hard for westerners to understand but in the middle east and south asia in general, somethings won't budge an inch, you have to work around them.

#111     Jun 4, 2012
  2. dakoo

dakoo

Oh and HurricaneUS . A person may be irreligious and impious and ignore injunctions in most muslim states including those in the middle east and the state would do nothing about it. But blasphemy regarding God or any of his Prophets(Jesus and Moses too) is a whole different subject here. It's like making fun of auschwitz victims in jerusalem. Multiply that by a thousand and you get what muslims think of blasphemy..... No ruler can afford to let it pass, because the people's anger would be directed at the ruler then. Hence the harsh punishments. The rule of thumb in such states is to keep your opinions to yourself and not broadcast them, especially if they hurt the sentiments of the majority.

#112     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Why not South Africa or Brazil?

#113     Jun 4, 2012
  4. Israel also has great infrastructure but the problem is their taxes are progressive as well.

#114     Jun 4, 2012
  5. Does Israel even welcome Pakistanis into their country? I know a lot of Islamic countries won't even let you into their country if you have Israel stamped on your Passport.

#115     Jun 4, 2012
  6. dakoo

dakoo

There is a big fat paragraph on the pakistani passport that says, "valid for all countries of the world except israel". I guess that explains how swell the relationship is. Both were formed on the basis of religious idealogy and both do not recognize each other's existence.:D

#116     Jun 4, 2012