Im thinking about going short on INTC ...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jumpshot, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Stop with the NON-SENSE!!!
    Stop with trying to generate web-activity for Baron and ET. There does not need to be a 5 page "discussion" on this.

Either pull the "trigger" and sell INTC short, or shut-up.

End of story.

#21     Jul 15, 2009
  2. Port1385, PENS WIN, PeterEastgate, Roman Candle, maxxy, ba1, etc.

#22     Jul 15, 2009
  3. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

This is what I was looking at today, but couldnt find an entry point. I noticed Robert Weinstein in his journal was looking at INTC too. Lets see what happens on the 2nd day.

[​IMG]

#23     Jul 15, 2009
  4. And if you put your money where your mouth is, you got rolled today.

It would be far easier to put in a sell-stop under today's low at 17.94 and patiently wait for the upside momentum to subside.

Did that ever occur to you, or do you base all of your trading methodology off of the Encyclopedia, Page 852 :D

#24     Jul 16, 2009
  5. INTC closes on Friday at 18.78
    :p

#25     Jul 17, 2009
  6. piezoe

piezoe

It's not a terrible idea Jumpshot, so don't be dissuaded if your so inclined, but do wait for the upside momentum to subside, and signs of weakness to appear. Closed sort of non-committal today (Monday, Aug 20). Let's see how it trades overnight and opens in the morning. One thing in your favor is we are bumping up against resistance in the S&P. (Kind of a resistance zone really between 940 and 1000. There is some fairly strong resistance in the 970 area and of course 950 is sub-magical and 1000 is magical!).

Maybe consider an Aug/Oct bear put diagonal. (Simulate short stock with a fairly deep in the money 3 or 4 months out long put and sell an atm or slightly otm put in the front month. Then even if the stock does nothing you won't lose much and could even make a little by the front month expiration.

Anyway, i don't think your idea is a terribly crazy one, but i'd wait and watch for signs that it and the market have decided to return home to Momma at 880. At present they are both on tour with the Earnings Circus.

#26     Jul 20, 2009
  7. Jumpshot was banned.
    Turned out to be yet another alias of "Port 1385".

#27     Jul 20, 2009
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Oh my god! Not yet another Port alias! I was suckered.

#28     Jul 20, 2009