I'm switching to full-time

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ajax2004, Aug 28, 2007.

1. This is a good insight. It isn't about quantity. Scalping is often a fast way to the poorhouse.

#21     Aug 28, 2007
  2. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

If your current job is a mcdick job by all means quit.

trading is a blue collar job.

but if you have good job paying over $100,00/year in an office man you can trade stocks with the man's time trade at work. this manager stays in his office all day. trade stock with company time with a handheld device or wireless notebook at work.

#22     Aug 28, 2007

3. if you were daytrading since 2004...what is different now that you are going to trade fulltime...does not daytrading require you to do it fulltime?...or was it "in between" while working a normal job?...please explain...

#23     Aug 28, 2007
  4. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

making money is everything in the stock market. you aren't doing anyone any service

#24     Aug 28, 2007
  5. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

I kind of answered that in the other replies. In short, I trade at nights, it's extremely taxing to work almost 2 full-time jobs. I rather trade than do any other work.

#25     Aug 28, 2007
  6. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

I still feel I need to trade almost every day. I'm not a scalper and I've got a win rate of about 40%+, if I miss the few good days of the month then performance suffers.

I know what you mean on the mental part, in a way my brain has already switched to thinking in terms of trading for a living several months ago, so experiencing bad days or weeks is stressful even now. The only thing I fall back on in those cases is the 3 years experience of having gone thru this rollercoaster thing time and time again so its mental impact gets duller every time.

One of the main tasks when I make the switch will be to try and continue to trade the exact same way I've been trading till now.

Thanks for the insightful comment.

#26     Aug 28, 2007
  7. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

I do have a good job at a good company etc. however I don't enjoy it and would rather even take a pay cut (which I'm not) and do what I like.

trading is a blue collar - the mechanics of it yes. the pre and post work around it isn't, IMO.

#27     Aug 28, 2007
  8. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

the market won't miss you if you leave,

this isn't job where your are providing service to anyone.

#28     Aug 28, 2007