I'm still long Netflix

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by igriot, Jan 27, 2011.

1. igriot

igriot

[​IMG]

Netflix stock has more than tripled in the past 12 months. Before yesterdays earnings report, many short-sellers who felt Netflix was overvalued targeted the stock. Lots of analysts were surprised as well by Netflix's continued growth and are scrambling to reevaluate the stock. Only 23% of the analysts covering the stock had a buy rating on the shares before the earnings report. <a href="http://dock-of-bay.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-still-long-netflix.html?utm_source=BP_recent">Read more</a>

2. BwPirt

BwPirt

I'm also long, and thinking of increasing position. It's the best in my portfolio at the moment.

3. ptrjon

ptrjon

a lot of brokers have been calling clients and telling them, "you need to buy Netflix, or we'll buy it for you! Buy- to close!"

SQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEZZZZEEEEEEEEE

4. very bad idea, rookie move to short a stock like Netflix. Pigs can run very very far. If the fundamentals/business model/stock collapses at some point.....well it isn't right now. No matter how overvalued a stock can get. It can get even more overvalued. Never step in front of a freight train.