I'm still long Netflix

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by igriot, Jan 27, 2011.

1. igriot

Netflix stock has more than tripled in the past 12 months. Before yesterdays earnings report, many short-sellers who felt Netflix was overvalued targeted the stock. Lots of analysts were surprised as well by Netflix's continued growth and are scrambling to reevaluate the stock. Only 23% of the analysts covering the stock had a buy rating on the shares before the earnings report. <a href="http://dock-of-bay.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-still-long-netflix.html?utm_source=BP_recent">Read more</a>
  2. BwPirt

I'm also long, and thinking of increasing position. It's the best in my portfolio at the moment.
  3. ptrjon

a lot of brokers have been calling clients and telling them, "you need to buy Netflix, or we'll buy it for you! Buy- to close!"

4. very bad idea, rookie move to short a stock like Netflix. Pigs can run very very far. If the fundamentals/business model/stock collapses at some point.....well it isn't right now. No matter how overvalued a stock can get. It can get even more overvalued. Never step in front of a freight train.