I'm Starting A Manure Business

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 7, 2009.

1. wartrace

wartrace

My former employer shut down the factory and shifted production to a newly built plant in Mexico. The production workers at this plant were making 25 dollars an hour. A total of 750 people lost these jobs. They will never find a job paying that kind of money without significant retraining. Most of them will not be able to retrain due to the financial obligations they piled on to themselves. (yes, quite a few just had to have new cars every year & houses they could barely afford)

#21     Aug 7, 2009
  2. Just like Perot said... but his naysayers claimed "he doesn't know what he's talking about".

#22     Aug 7, 2009
  3. I think we have a greater than 50/50 chance that Obama will end up having to do something just as dramatic within 12 months.....

It will be some form of devaluation ...the question is how and what with?

#23     Aug 7, 2009
  4. Obama, Fed and Treas. have done a very good job devaluing our dollar.
    I guess they could do more, and probably will.
    Then we'll see how deep the abyss really is.

#24     Aug 7, 2009
  5. We can reasonably say, the $USD has been devalued 100:1 since the creation of the Fed. It has taken nearly 100 years, so has been slow enough to cope with it.

The big problems start to occur when the remaining 1% gets devalued by the next 100:1. At some point, the devaluation gets out of control and goes parabolic... and we'll end up like other 3rd world countries and their currencies. :mad:

#25     Aug 7, 2009
  6. The Fed buying Treasuries is working so well, why don't we just have them buy them all from now on? US gummint needs a few tens of trillions? Just call Ben.

#26     Aug 7, 2009
  7. Thanks for reminding me, wt - nearly half of Americans who "own" their home would have to come out of pocket and pay money at closing to sell it, assuming they could find a buyer.

Green shoots!

#27     Aug 7, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

if you lay off 20%of 100.000 workers,thats 20 out of 100,if you lay off another 20%of 80k remaing,16k,thats 64k left, the unemployment #,s are less, but that doesnt mean good manure for the economy

#28     Aug 7, 2009
    #29     Aug 7, 2009
  10. There won't be.

Stop being such a tedious loser with your zillions of posts. Try and get a life, for Gods sake. Start trading successfully. And stop wanking around wasting your time. Just end all your boring bullshitting for once and all.:eek:

#30     Aug 7, 2009