I'm sick of trade station

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProgrammerGuy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. can you please explain how you automate your orders through IB?

#11     Jul 9, 2007
  2. Never fooled with it, they say it can be done, go to the MC forum.

#12     Jul 9, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

load up the free version of zone alarm and don't let it phone home

#13     Jul 9, 2007
  4. Works quite well. My issue has been the slowness of backfill, but I understand MC is sorting out that mess along the lines of the way AmiBroker downloads it's data. 5 days at a time so you can start viewing charts quicker....

#14     Jul 9, 2007
  5. DeepC

DeepC

esignal efs/tradebullet/IB, works great

#15     Jul 9, 2007
  6. just wondering how the setup would behave if you used globalserver for multicharts data feed. sounds a bit like overkill.. but you might benefit from having all your data on globalserver , vs the refresh via IB at every startup. i know MC has that option, but i've never heard anyone address it. the downside is, you still have to feed globalserver.. but seems doable.

#16     Jul 9, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

I would pay for dtn data just to avoid the hassles. I never got good at the care and feeding of globalserver, it is horribly difficult to change your watchlist for example...

This thread came up right when I was realizing that I was painted into a corner with Tradestation, I didn't want to deal with the little problems with the trademanager getting out of synch with the markets for one thing, and I wanted to automate an intraday strategy with volume bars and you can't conveniently do intrabar ordering with volume bars with them. The upshot is I faxed them a request for all the funds and am going with Multicharts +Ninjatraders dll +IB +DTNIq data.... dang I feel right with the universe for the first time in a long time...

#17     Jul 10, 2007
  8. i'll be interested to see how it works out.
    might i ask, what's the purpose of ninja?
    order management for day trading maybe?
    cuz, it wouldn't be needed for ATS i presume..

#18     Jul 10, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Ninja is for the dll for interfacing scripts to IB. MC has only implemented market orders in their autotrading interface, I very much want to use limit orders at times. You just write some dll calls into your script and Ninjatrader sends the orders to IB. Ninja comes with some examples to help with the programming, it is pretty trivial to do.

#19     Jul 12, 2007
  10. Interesting how people expect to become a system trader without the ability to program...

How do you run "appropriate tests" to start off with?

SIMPLY Amazing.

#20     Jul 12, 2007