I'm sick of trade station

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProgrammerGuy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. how do I get to IB? Strategy Runner doesn't support IB? Where is tradeBolt? are they out of business?

Because I about 50% of my strategies are day trading strategies I have sometimes a large percentage of my account at the EOD in cash. TradeStation doesn't squat. I need to get out!

2. why not Multicharts?

i understand most of TS strats will transfer to multicharts.

and.. mc will connect to IB

:)

3. Just wondering will they be able to see your strategy code? They are from Russia, and not like there is anything wrong with Russia, however I feel that if you have a winning strategy that they might copy it and trade it for themselves

4. Yeah Strategy Runner always seemed a bit creepy.

"Hey! We keep your strategy on our servers...so it runs faster."

Ok. Sure.

5. huh?
    are you referring to MC?
    it's a standalone app on your machine..

6. You mean tradestation pays ZERO interest on free cash right?

I know what you mean, its a total ripoff anyone with a 6 figure account should not be with tradestation, forget the free $99 trade platform.

I hear they make a bundle off the interest of their account holders.

7. I understand that, but I don't think that ensures that they won't be able to see your strategies

8. just21

just21

9. Thats not a great setup, just pay for a feed. It takes 10 minutes to build up a chart using IB.

I bought a permanent license to MC years ago, and used with IB, became very frustrated.

Now I use what ever I want, and write it off at the end of the year.

10. Quah

Quah

:D

Don't think for a minute that they care anything about your secret strategies.

They will certainly make far more money from fees and commissions than they would trading any of their customers strategies.

#10     Jul 9, 2007