Im shorting Ford at the open tommorrow April 4th

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 4, 2008.

1. My stop is at 7.25, but I covered my position with calls.

I averaged up the short today right when it hit 6.94. I dont think its going to move higher from here.

I took a loss on the short so far, but it evened out with the calls. if it goes higher then I'll just make more money on the calls and exit out at 7.25 for a probably a break-even trade.

#21     Apr 8, 2008
  2. what strikes did you buy?

#22     Apr 9, 2008
  3. [​IMG]

I rented a 2008 Ford Taurus because my other car was in the shop. I was really impressed with the quality and decided to call a local Ford dealership. You can get these for 21000 through their fleet department by the way.

I was almost sold and on my way to the dealership when...I saw the Toyota place right across the street. Toyota-Lexus was making vehicles like this Taurus 10 years ago.

10 years ago Lexus was creating whisper quiet vehicles where you could actually hold a phone conversation in...

Ford's Taurus is truly a nice car, but way too late and not quite as advanced as the Honda and Toyota offerings. For crying out loud, Honda is offering a 200 horsepower 4 cylinder which can get upwards of 30 mpg while Ford is still cranking away with these underpowered 6 cylinder cars getting 20 mpg at the best.

I quickly went to the Autotrader to confirm my thinking. There was a 2008 Taurus with 5000 miles on it whose price had dropped to 16000 where as the used Hondas and Toyotas were going for MORE then what the dealerships were selling them for.

Oh Ford, will your shares truly double? I dont think so. Ford is just catching up to the others and still has a long way to go despite drastic improvements.

#23     Apr 10, 2008
  4. hughb

hughb

I have an 06 Fusion, it's a good car. I wonder why I don't hear much about Fusions? Even in this thread only the Taurus has been mentioned.

And yes, their dealerships are extremely high pressure. I got a Fusion loaded with all of the extras that are offered even though I didn't want them. I do have to admit I love the stereo system. First car I've ever had with leather too.

#24     Apr 10, 2008
  5. You did it the wrong way. All you have to do to get $100 over invoice is to go to the fleet department and buy the car. Most people dont know you can do that, but you can.

In the case of the Taurus, you can pick one up new for as little as 21k.

#25     Apr 10, 2008
  6. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

any how do we find out where the fleet department is?

#26     Apr 11, 2008
  7. You call the Ford Dealership up and ask. The Fleet Department needs to make sales too.

Here I did a google search for you. Call the fleet department up and ask about buying a car. They will give you that taurus for 21k. Cheaper then a similiar optioned honda civic.

They can even give you a good deal on a cobra too. Invoice+100 no negotiation.

I would do it, but Ford aint my style plus you can get one 25% off with just 10k miles used and certified. This new Ford Taurus is a good deal. Check it out...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fleet+department+ford+dealership

#27     Apr 11, 2008
  8. I think Ford quality is up, but Im willing to bet that the stock will drop further. Im setting my target at 5.5 and adding to my short all the way down.

Where are all the buffoons and goons who were thinking I was wrong? Dont make a bet against Jack Stone brother!!!

#28     Apr 11, 2008
  9. what strike calls did you buy?

#29     Apr 11, 2008
  10. lol i didnt know being down in a trade meant you were right.

#30     Apr 11, 2008