Im shorting Ford at the open tommorrow April 4th

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 4, 2008.

1. It looks like Ford is offering some nicer vehicles then it has in the last 20 years, however, their efforts are still way too late.

However, the Accord is still superior all the way around to the Taurus. Actually, most everything that Honda has had out for the last few years is much better then anything in 2008 that Ford has put out.

I want to buy American, truly do, but Ford nor Chevy has given me any reasons. If you buy a Ford or Chevy, then you have a gas guzzler whose transmission goes out after 75k.

I'd pick one up, but only has a beater for the snow months and wouldnt pay a dime more then 5k for anything in the Ford or Chevy line-ups.

#11     Apr 7, 2008
  2. so.....

are you still short?

#12     Apr 7, 2008
  3. I just bought 10 Ford puts

its a weak stock and this is a weak market. its also a pubic hair away from resistance at ~7.

I expect it to fall back to form a head and shoulders bottom before it makes any significant move.

I will get out if it gets near 5.5

#13     Apr 7, 2008
  4. Ford is not going much lower

people need cars. They buy tons of Ford automobiles internationally and nationally.

#14     Apr 7, 2008
  5. A) if only the market worked with such rationality !

B) This is a short term play for me..I dont think Ford is going to go below $5.5 before resuming an uptrend.

Im a TRADER and Im TRADING. Not investing.

#15     Apr 7, 2008
  6. Companies that produce cars: GM, Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, etc....

#16     Apr 7, 2008
  7. They lost everybody in the eighties. Or was it the seventies?

What junk. And after they burn you a few times, you never go back. And those dealerships! High pressure the life insurance. Make up stuff in the shop.

Better off to find a good local mechanic in a gas station. Treat them well. Everyonce in a while i'd fold a twenty up in my hand when I shook hands with the mechanic. You've be surprised what that will do. No one will screw you. And as long as you keep up recommended service, the warranty is good. No matter what car you get. A good mechanic is a great guy to know. And they'll tell you the car to drive. tHey see 'em all.

#17     Apr 7, 2008
  8. are you still short?

#18     Apr 8, 2008
  9. ron2368

ron2368

April 7 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co., the No. 2 U.S. automaker, says a company-commissioned study found its quality now matches that of Japan's Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. and plans to use the results in a new advertising campaign.

:eek: When I looked at cars Ford was rated way higher than GM, but matching Honda???

#19     Apr 8, 2008
  10. xtoronto

xtoronto

where's your stop?

#20     Apr 8, 2008