Im shorting AMZN before the earnings and I dont care what the ET experts have to say

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Apr 23, 2009.

1. 79.50? Never reached 77.50

#11     Apr 23, 2009
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

I thought that about HOTT a very short time time ago when it broke through 10.00 a share. So far the madness indeed has continued, up nearly 40% from that 10.00 yesterday before pulling back to the less ridiculous 12.00's.

I'm glad you made out on your AMZN trade in after hours, but let MYGN's last earnings be a cautionary tale about stocks being "too high". It was trading near 52-week highs after a long run up and just before earnings several insiders sold off shares. That normally means an earnings or guidance miss. Not this time. It gapped up on earnings and continued to hit new highs for a long time.

It only takes that one time to put your account in a big hole.

One thing I've learned the hard way: A stock is never too high to buy or too low to sell. There is no such thing as a ridiculous price. There is only supply and demand. If you think about it, when a stock has made a huge run up and there's no bad news or sector deterioration to pull it down, why would the shareholders want to sell? They wouldn't, and there goes the supply, and between that and short covering, the price can go far beyond what you think is reasonable.

#12     Apr 23, 2009
  3. You need to stop talking - just makes you appear foolish. There also was no print at 77.50. Take your loss and move on, assuming you traded at all.

#13     Apr 23, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Actually I was watching AMZN after hours and did see it in the 77.00's briefly

#14     Apr 23, 2009
  5. Post a blotter b/c we all know you are lying.

#15     Apr 23, 2009
  6. 11Blade

11Blade

Damn it! i had all day to go long... after reading this message.

Saw things turn negative in AH, now looks up 2%

great company - 4.5+ billion in sales, only 110 million in profit, and a PE > 50. WOW!

#16     Apr 23, 2009
  7. fencerd4

fencerd4

Im surprised you haven't blew up your portfolio yet. From now on, I will call option backspread any stock you mention shorting. Btw, didn't my LVS move up 2 points on you?

#17     Apr 23, 2009
  8. You lie.

Continuously.

Do you really get a kick out of this?

nevermind...bye bye

#18     Apr 23, 2009
  9. Wow, how did I know thiat this was going to be (yet another) Port1385 thread?

Jeez, I don't know, it was just a lucky guess.
    :p :D

#19     Apr 23, 2009
  10. port1385 is a genius, he posts some pointless crap to attract attention, and sure enough all the idiots flock to his threads and start replying.

I guess in this case, myself included :eek:

#20     Apr 23, 2009