Im shorting AMZN before the earnings and I dont care what the ET experts have to say

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Apr 23, 2009.

1. This madness with Amazon CANNOT continue. I am shorting AMZN and I dont care what anyone on ET has to say.

2. cost basis right now is 82 and in the money as i type this...

3. Breaking down, earnings release leaked.

4. amzn has been the absolute annihilation of shorts. Hope you aren't basing it on fundamentals; playing with fire on this gamble either way. GL

5. I sold some july call spreads about 5 min before the close, almost when stock hit the high on the close. Too bad I didn't do enough, I felt like I wanted to fill more, since the more I sold the more money I was credited lol. I'll probably walk in up 3k-5k on this tomarrow.

I think AMZN is an short long-term. This company is over-valued and I think the underlying fundementals are weak.

6. Haha. That was a horrible earnings call. Simply awful. Stock down 4-5% in the afterhours session.

7. While flipping coins, you were bound to be right at some point.

Too bad you don't trade with real money.

:)

8. EPrado

EPrado

Really, looks like it's trading at 82.50 up in after hours.

9. CET

CET

Since you don't care what anyone thinks don't clutter up ET with useless posts.

10. Well, when I was sitting down around 4pm price was falling and I was laughing my ass off. Threw a trailing stop on it and then came back to find me stopped out at around 77.5. Nice little trade for the day...

#10     Apr 23, 2009