I'm Short here....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade-ya1, Jan 27, 2004.

1. What are you talking about man? "Top/bottom" picking can be a very viable method of trading (go visit PTJ if you don't think it can be done) provided one employ sound money/position management. I have been reading your posts for the last few months, and the pompous-arrogant manner in which you deliver your useless rhetoric is highly annoying.

#11     Jan 27, 2004
  2. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

call 1 800 SMH SELL

#12     Jan 27, 2004
  3. Yes, you are wrong.

While it would have been nice to make 40% going long the S&P the last year, my track record over 9 years speaks for itself. I have an average gain of 40% a year, so its hard to knock my strategy.

But it would have been nice to have been long since 800 S&P. Why didn't you tell me to go long last March?

#13     Jan 27, 2004
  4. ig0r

ig0r

Because I didn't know last march.

Wait a minute, I am wrong? So you're telling me the correct play all this time would have been to short on the way up, trying to pick tops?

#14     Jan 27, 2004
  5. I think he's saying he has a system that consistently returns him 40% regardless of bull/bear market, and no one was expecting the S&P to go as high as it did last year, so he stuck to his own system. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the idea I got from his posts.

-Fast

#15     Jan 27, 2004
  6. too many people here cannot read English. Read what I said. While it would have been nice and the correct move to be long and make 40% in the last year, it is not the correct strategy for ME.

I've made 40% a year for NINE years doing what i'm doing. So why change?

#16     Jan 27, 2004
  7. Yes, well said. I thought you were one of my detractors?

#17     Jan 27, 2004
  8. ig0r

ig0r

Selling naked calls doesn't seem very market neutral to me :D

Not to mention that a WHOLE lot more than 40% could have been made quite easily playing long for the last month or two, not to mention the last 6 months

#18     Jan 27, 2004
  9. How about since Jan 2000? How's your long record over the last 4 years?

#19     Jan 27, 2004
  10. ig0r

ig0r

Never said I have been long since 2000, I go where the market goes, I'm well aware that I can't predict it's turns and I don't intend to try

#20     Jan 27, 2004