I'm short Ericy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Feb 11, 2004.

1. KavMan

KavMan

Oh crap I didn't see this post from you
    Why are you digging up old old posts from me?
    Well to let you know my account balance is slightly higher now and I do sweep out money from this account :p
    See pic
    Still no big fish but working it up

BTW Don't stop posting, instead of bragging about percentages just post up how many shares you're trading with
    Is it really that difficult?
    I'm sure ET members are smart enough to calculate the percentage gains :D

#31     Feb 13, 2004
  2. abogdan

abogdan

I'm sorry to hear that. If I may, I would like to suggest that if those comments and remarks are upsetting you its probably because you still letting them into your heart. I'm almost 50 years old and I too was often (in the past) a participant of "Who's cock is bigger" type of discussions. Not any more. Knowledge is the hardest thing to come by and these days I'll read 100 pages of crap for the sake of finding one good thought! I don't care what everyone else has to say about me, or my stile, or my knowledge. I just want to learn more. I'm not a newbie in trading. I have my own system, but I'm always interested in knowledge and experience related to some particular stocks. As I mentioned, I have never traded ERICY until friend of mine got into trouble with it and asked me for help. That is why I was glad to see your post that appeared coincidentally almost at the same time. It seems to me that you are a very reasonable trader and, as I said, I'd like to learn from you anything I could about ERICY. If you don't want to post on ET please PM me then. I'd appreciate it very much.
    Good luck!
    Regards,

#32     Feb 13, 2004
  3. Anyone see the P/e on this thing? it is up like 600% in a year and we are now at the top of the cycle in phone equipment garbage now. With all the consolidation in the industry, there will be less demand for the equipment not MORE, does anyone get it?

#33     Feb 18, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

I do

#34     Feb 18, 2004
  5. This is a real co. with real erngs and mkt cap of like 40 bil trading at a 130 p/e, amazing.

#35     Feb 18, 2004
  6. JORGE

JORGE

Not that I would ever base a trade based on P/E, you guys might want to take a look at its forward based P/E of 26.

#36     Feb 18, 2004
  7. In the past 30 days, the EPS estimate on ERICY has been revised upwards by 100% . . . from .43 cents per share to .86 cents per share for the current year.

Thus, the P/E for the current year is 34, and not 130 like some other poster erroneously stated. Such a P/E is quite the "norm" in the telecom arena.

#37     Feb 18, 2004
  8. The Wall Street Journal reports that Telefon AB L.M. Ericsson (ERICY) and Nokia Corp. (NOK) are both major suppliers of network equipment to Cingular. Analysts at Lehman Brothers estimate the U.S. carriers together account for 6% to 8% of Ericsson's revenue and about 3% of Nokia's sales. Cingular figures that buying AT&T Wireless will allow it to cut capital expenditure across the two companies by as much as $900 million in 2005 and as much as $1.2 billion from current levels in 2006. Lehman Brothers says the Cingular purchase, which is earmarked for completion late this year, could hit Ericsson and Nokia's revenue as early as 2005. The investment bank believes as much as 2% of Ericsson's annual revenue is at risk and as much as 1% of Nokia's revenue.

#38     Feb 19, 2004
  9. NT is falling..

#39     Feb 19, 2004
  10. or all you short sellers long today?

#40     Feb 20, 2004