I'm short AFFX

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Apr 4, 2003.

1. If you take a look at mcd in November '02, you will see a gap down and prices falling further, although no LOD after gap down. This was one of my short plays, locked in profits on second day after gap down.

But now I see the point of yours and the other longs. Yes, standard deviation could matter and somewhat of bullish candle after the gap occurred, hmm. I wasn't that case sensitive in that bear market when it came to shorting, but the market isn't that weak as it used to be.

Maybe I will cover on Monday. Anyway, thanks for some new ideas.

So you longs are watching out for that ADRX situation, which shows some parallels, dammm.

#11     Apr 6, 2003
  2. Its the 40% gap down that is the key difference. The MCD gap down was of a 10% magnitude.

#12     Apr 6, 2003
  3. Covered @18.74, small loss, but learned something out of it, which is more important.

:cool:

#13     Apr 7, 2003
  4. Covered my short too. Something told me to roll into a put option with a lower delta, and I am so glad I did. I took a loss but it was within the tolerance of my system.

I have also noticed that AFFX is not rising in proportion with the rest of the market as yet.:confused:

#14     Apr 7, 2003
  5. Also try to sell a put on Affx. Think my quotes with IB are not OK.
    I see the best offer in May 15 Put as 0.55 (at the moment), but I have a sell order for 0.50, so I should see my offer?

Can you please take a look and tell me what offer do you see?

#15     Apr 7, 2003
  6. bid 40
    offer 55
    last 60

#16     Apr 7, 2003
  7. IB quote confirmed by TS7 also

#17     Apr 7, 2003
  8. changed my offer to 0.45 for a second, this time I could see it in the order book. But now my order is 0.50 again and I see 0.55 as best offer.

Is there somebody playing with my balls?

#18     Apr 7, 2003
  9. Don't know. I don't argue with the MMers.

I take the ask and sell the bid.

Spread is almost always .3-.4, so I use strategies to compensate for this.

#19     Apr 7, 2003
  10. Anyway, thanks oddi. :p

#20     Apr 7, 2003