I'm selling NFLX at $250/sh.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ptrjon, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jaymac21

jaymac21

you guys have no idea what your talking about. you analysis of the short float is ridiculous.

#11     Mar 17, 2011
  2. vopiscus

vopiscus

NFLX just bought original programming for the first time. Possibly a reason to buy. Possibly a misstep. Stock went up over 7% on the news two days ago.

Comprised of and similar to both tech and media: very cyclical.

In the last year, many days up over 5%, and down over 5%. Good to channel ride. When it goes down, it's probably coming up. And vice versa.

But while volatile, NFLX overall trending up for at least another 12-16 months. It's in iTV, P33, XBOX, Blu-Ray Players, and word of mouth is top notch.

#12     Mar 18, 2011
  3. ptrjon

ptrjon

there's been heavy short interest on this stock since it's been at $30. And that wasn't too long ago. The post a few posts up was spot on, Netflix is a game changer in that it's a revolutionary idea that provides good revenue and strong margins. It's competitors are yet to even show potential for the degree of success Netflix has.

As for movie providers jacking up prices... they are price takers, not price givers. Those companies are struggling just to pull in enough revenue to stay solvent. Name a great movie content provider that we should all buy- you can't. Netflix will continue getting more and more content, and those that play the bargaining game simply won't have their content watched as much.

The average netflix customer pays $10-12 a month for the service. The average hulu or amazon user probably pays $.10 a month, something around there. I know I use netflix and hulu, and i don't ever plan on giving hulu a penny- their revenue will continue to come in from ads, but it won't be near as significant as what Netflix is doing.

#13     Mar 18, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why is NFLX is the red on a day when everybody else is rallying? What did I miss?

#14     Mar 18, 2011
  5. ptrjon

ptrjon

I can't verify this with hard data, but NFLX probably has a negative correlation with the Nasdaq or other indices. On days when the market crashes, I've seen it go up 3% or more. Seeing netflix move against the market is normal, if you continue to watch it.

#15     Mar 18, 2011
  6. I've seen the same thing. NFLX down market up. NFLX up market down. When we had capitulation last week NFLX was up 8%. Go figure.

#16     Mar 18, 2011
  7. Agree about Hulu, I'd never pay for that service. So weak.

#17     Mar 22, 2011
  8. NFLX def works

#18     Mar 23, 2011
  9. I found it kind of ironic that the day (yesterday) NFLX got upgraded by some brokerage firms... and the shorts got squeezed big time... the Netflix website went down for a few hours. (From what I experienced it was more than a few hours, like 10...)

http://www.e-gear.com/article/netflixs-website-including-its-popular-streaming-service-shut-down/1

Maybe some powerful hackers are heavily short on NFLX? Doing a face-off hack denial of service attack to let off some steam? :)

#19     Mar 23, 2011
  10. ptrjon

ptrjon

it's possible. I feel bad for those people though.

#20     Mar 23, 2011