I'm scared.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wutangfinancial, Jul 2, 2008.

1. The only people not timing a market are those who do not enter it.

#21     Jul 2, 2008
  2. #22     Jul 2, 2008
  3. Maybe we're moving away from stagflation and full fledge deflation? Been watching the commodities for sometime now and the down pressure movement in some of the big gainers lately. Gainers such as, coal, steel/iron, portash, etc. However, copper looks good again and gold is approaching 1k, USD at lows.

Your model might be sensitive to shifts in funds from one sector to the next? Money appears to be moving back into financial, and away from commodities

#23     Jul 2, 2008
  4. Never saw a day like today, ever. It was bizarre on so many levels.

It's 10:20 est and I just woke up. I had to take a nap because I had this wicked migraine from being able to literally see the market turn over - a Matrix Moment - you know, imagine you can decipher binary into images.

Today was so bizarre that the producers of commodities that rose today got hit so hard that many broke 8% or more. Coal, oil, ags - they all broke. I've never seen that before.

I'm not sure what lay ahead. This is not a market to be taken lightly, and I don't think we're going to see capitulation for some time, unfortunately - I'd rather have one day with a massive volume 7 to 10% drop, but this is going to be a painful staircase drop, I'm afraid, sucking in many too eager for their own good.

It's a meat grinder.

#24     Jul 2, 2008
  5. Ya it was bizzare watching it all day. Opened decent, slow grind all day. Some were -18%, was just crazy. Some of the run may be over here

#25     Jul 2, 2008