I'm predicting an Obama landslide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RangeBar, Mar 20, 2010.

1. The plan is not a government takeover of health care like in Canada or Britain. The government will not take over hospitals or other privately run health care businesses. Doctors will not become government employees, like in Britain. And the U.S. government intends to help people buy insurance from private insurance companies, not pay all the bills like the single-payer system in Canada. The key parts of the current U.S. system -- employer-provided insurance, Medicare for the elderly, Medicaid for the poor -- would stay in place. The government would create health insurance exchanges for people who have to buy insurance on their own, so they could more easily compare plans and prices.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...8/top-10-facts-know-about-health-care-reform/

#11     Mar 21, 2010
  2. wjk

wjk

Yeah, good luck with that.

#12     Mar 21, 2010
  3. If you believe that you sure are one dumb SOB.

hint: Never answer you phone you are a dupe ready to be plucked by the next snake oil salesman.

#13     Mar 21, 2010
  4. wjk

wjk

So why does it take such a large bill to achieve this? And why the need for fixes based on promises and bribery to get it passed? And why has there been so much secrecy in the crafting of the bill? Why so many pages?

Do you really think they know what the intent behind this bill is? The left isn't just salivating over getting healthcare to those who need it. They are desirous of the amount of control over your life that will eventually come from it.

Pelosi said it herself: "Kick open that door, and there will be other legislation to follow," she said. "We'll take the country in a new direction."

What direction might that be? Utopia achieved through Statism.

#14     Mar 21, 2010
  5. The link was about the myth that its a 'govt. takeover of healthcare'.

If the reform was so easy to do then why wasn't it done earlier in fewer pages? What bribery are you talking about? Many Dems who were opposed to voting for it were saying how its not doing enough like the public option.

As for other legislations, yes, there will be more to come, like the Financial Reform bill.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bbd3f1f4-309b-11df-a24b-00144feabdc0.html

If you fix something that's broken and disturbs the status quo, its somehow utopian in your world of reference.

#15     Mar 21, 2010
  6. wjk

wjk

I have corrected my previous post to read "Utopia achieved through Statism". That is the ultimate goal of many politicians on the left.

You can't possibly believe the left wing government doesn't want to take it over incrementally. Seriously? I have a bridge for sale.

#16     Mar 21, 2010
  7. What have you been smoking or should I say what are you smoking now??? Then why is obowma care mandatory, everyone must buy into obowma care or suffer a penalty.????
    why not just subsidize the health insurers? peelosi indicated the objective is to destroy the health insurance industry, so take one last toke, and come down to reality

#17     Mar 21, 2010
  8. Did you forget what you were talking about? You said its a govt. takeover of healthcare, its not. Do some reading instead of repeating blog headlines.

#18     Mar 21, 2010
  9. rew

rew

I don't like Obama and loath Pelosi. But of one thing I am certain. The Republicans will choose a presidential candidate so horrid that it will guarantee an Obama win.

That strategy worked in 2008.

#19     Mar 24, 2010

10. OK, if you dont believe that this is a central government takeover of the health care industry, then would you agree that it is a central government takeover of a citizens constitutional right of inactivity ???

#20     Mar 24, 2010