I'm out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PennySnatch, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Second that, it does not only take effort and years of learning and work and pain but also a very specific DNA makeup and that is just not in most. No matter the work put in or financial backing without certain psychological properties one will never make it. Better to realize that early than wasting time on a fruitless pursuit.

#21     Mar 26, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

You sounded like a very experience and very profitable trader?

#22     Mar 26, 2019
  3. MattZ, please explain more.

#23     Mar 26, 2019

4. All such times you heard this in your 30 year career did you even once go to a trader's funeral and console his wife and 2 kids and help her with the rent and milk money?

Her cry to Fibo, "Trading took away everything HE could steal from my Johnny and now he's gone, died an ignominious death".

OP has my blessing. Best of luck in Life. :)

#24     Mar 26, 2019
  5. soulfire

soulfire

You sound like a true professional-

You made an assessment, allocated time and effort into this venture- then analyzed the results to determine whether or not to go forward, and decided it wasn't for you.

There is no shame in failing, especially an endeavor that's as difficult at this one- and props to you for making a go at it and eliminating any regrets of never steeping up to the plate to try.

You get a DOUBLE BONUS for remaining professional and deciding it just wasn't for you instead of going the sour grapes route and going on rants stating it's not possible for anyone or a waste of time.

The quality of being a successful entrepreneur is seeing something that interests you, calculate the time and effort needed for success, and if it doesn't pan out based on your continued analysis, move on to the next venture.

Non professionals waste their time well past the point of when they should have quit with no signs of improvement, or resort to trolling that it's impossible to make themselves feel better.

You have a good attitude- you should eventually find a good match for your skill set.

#25     Mar 26, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

Gotta work smart. Choosing to play a zero sum game is stupid to start with when there is so much money out there in positive sum games.

Rewarding careers are everywhere. What do you love to do. Or do you just love to make money. Doesn’t matter. Why not make money while you are actually contributing to the society with goods and services? Providing and withdrawing liquidity does not contribute anything. Just pathetic gambling.

I am not single and it’s irrelevant anyway. Life is grand. Great career great kids great hobbies everything is clicking. And I am playing on the right team. Waking up everyday enjoying life while knowing that my portfolio means millions of people are working for me because I own all these businesses. Great feeling.

#26     Mar 26, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and qlai like this.
  7. GRULSTMRNN,
    Please explain what means "certain psychological properties".

#27     Mar 27, 2019
  8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Without getting into an essay, I would tell you that there are those who are fascinated with the markets, and they speak of the market in terms of the potential it has, they are drawn to high leverage, believe that successful traders are constantly consistent, and through their career they jump from method to method, asset class to asset class believing that each one will be different.

The real trader's approach is on the risk side, refining methods, observing their behavior, and documenting their trades through trade journals. Here is an example of a review we did for a trade journal https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/archives/edgwonk-trading-analysis-software-futures-traders/
    Even this group has challenges, and the road is not always smooth.

As a retail Futures broker, I service both, but I am always trying to talk to all traders that trading is handling the risk first. In the age of "internet trading" and all "self-directed", I still try my best to help all traders even if at times they don't want to hear the reality of the challenges of trading. This is my investment in my customers.
    I believe that many will learn, grow and mature as traders.

#28     Mar 27, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and tommcginnis like this.
  9. ashantt

ashantt

Matt's interview on Chat with Traders, is pure gold:

#29     Mar 27, 2019
    tommcginnis and MattZ like this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

yep
    my out look and dream is very simple.....i want to be the best in what i do,in the world...

and i was prepared to go through hell, to achieve it.

i did and i did: went through hell (so did my wife) and i achieved it

#30     Mar 27, 2019