I'm out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PennySnatch, Mar 26, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

Rewarding how by whom? Promise Land ... Gold watch and condo in Florida? How long in the sunken place before your uptrend outpaces inflation and living expenses? You must be single :)

#11     Mar 26, 2019
  2. padutrader

padutrader

how many times have i heard this in the 30 years i have been in the markets....?

just because you cannot understand Chinese, does not mean Chinese is a waste of time.....it just means you have not taken the time , effort, to learn and then practice it.

#12     Mar 26, 2019
    Turveyd, CSEtrader and SimpleMeLike like this.
  3. short time trading does look like it, some days are green some days not so much. at end of month commission and losses eat up your profits. If i could get the hang of intraday properly, i am definitely going over to swing trading. atleast for a few days kinda of swing.

#13     Mar 26, 2019
  4. padutrader

padutrader

then it is apparent you have not put enough.

I respect your decision......and if you cannot put in the hard work then this is not for you.

i have given up many many times but i have always felt that it is possible to make money in trading.

if you are not a believer if you cannot understand the language of the markets,if you cannot make the time or the effort to learn it,then the road you should be on, is crystal clear

#14     Mar 26, 2019
    richie90 and CSEtrader like this.
  5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I did not conduct a study on my successful customers, and I do not like "intuition" because most of the time it would misguide us, but I can tell you that those who are successful fit a certain category. As you said, they have certain attributes and traits that seem to always repeat themselves. I notice that many came from a previously challenging and competitive environment. These personalities enter trading with the right expectations, understanding of risk, and constant review of what they do. On the other hand, lack of success in trading is not an indication of IQ, motivation and/or analytical skills because trading is just one area, and you can implement your skills in many areas and be good at it.

#15     Mar 26, 2019
    tommcginnis and ashantt like this.
  6. padutrader

padutrader

all i can say is that it is possible to make money in any time frame.....the treasure exists it is far from easy to find it, many will tell you it is impossible, but i i know it is possible to make unfathomable amounts of money more than you can dream of more than you can even dream of:there is a small hitch though. someone has to ,lose it and they are not going to do it very readily!

#16     Mar 26, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. OP: I'm curious if you were lured into any of the trading education programs... I see a lot of the same gurus out there promoting themselves. If so, do you feel that they are more successful at marketing their educational programs than actually trading?

If you prefer, you can private message me if you don't want to publicly name names.

#17     Mar 26, 2019
  8. padutrader

padutrader

be that as it may but....it is not about you....it is about finding out what the market is doing,it keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again.on all time frames.

you have to spot it....it took me 20 years to spot it.....and now i wonder how on earth, did i not see it, earlier

#18     Mar 26, 2019
  9. padutrader

padutrader

that is a rhetorical question!
    i know i would not bother teaching anyone....luckily some one did tell me what the market does but even then it took me 20 years to see and understand it....FOR MYSELF.
    do not analyse the markets. OBSERVE IT

#19     Mar 26, 2019
    nikosyan, Stocktracker and CSEtrader like this.
  10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I truly respect what works for you. My sample is the people I have come across in the last twenty years. I would still insist that they do not fit what you describe in this thread. Their outlook on trading is just different. Again, this is just my experience.

#20     Mar 26, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and GRULSTMRNN like this.