I'm out

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PennySnatch, Mar 26, 2019.

1. We'll gents, I'm done. I have put my time in and I can't consistently make it work. Yes I can make money and yes I can lose it but I can't make it "work" as they say. It's ok, I'm one of the fortunate ones who was careful and didn't punt myself into oblivion. Anyway, I'm a survivor but I didn't get what I wanted out of this trading thing, I wonder how many do.

zion, Jones75, coplii and 17 others like this.
  2. A few do get it, it’s a tough road, especially when doing it off your own back with out legit professional guidance. We’re talking a good few years of constant focus and development along with a switched on attitude and ability to think rationally... but by the sounds of it you know that already. I’m still a firm believer that this game only fits people with certain specific attributes and characteristics.

Glad to hear you didn’t lose your shirt.

By the way, what did you want out of “this trading thing”? Perhaps your expectations are potentially too high given what’s the norm of a successful trader or speculator, let alone the norm of a trader or speculator who is rather inexperienced?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    TP_Dutchie, expiated, kmiklas and 4 others like this.
  3. qlai

qlai

Sounds like it's your first time quitting ... Nobody leaves here ... Nobody!

Epicurus, oddhours, billv and 20 others like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

You'll get bored, never having a chance of making it even if there is no chance is worse than not making it, when I've got $$$'s in my account and a chance of 1 day being rich, then I'm slightly happier and haven't topped myself yet, so I consider that winning :)

Take a break, start from fresh, unlearn all the BS you've learned, maybe you'll crack it next time, or the time after or the time after, only 1 way to find out.

tommcginnis and qlai like this.
  5. How long were you at it?

TP_Dutchie and VPhantom like this.
  6. Congratulations... You've taken a necessary step to being a consistently professional trader. I don't think any trader who does this daily and makes money CONSISTENTLY hasn't had one foot out the door at some point. Take this time to reflect... and when you have made some necessary realizations about your trading; you'll be back and better than before.

Carlw, PennySnatch, ps0013 and 5 others like this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Take a new approach, focus only on price action, look at the mirror and... giphy.gif

CSEtrader and PennySnatch like this.
  8. dozu888

dozu888

nice move... short term trading is waste of time... get a real, rewarding career and throw all the money you can into the up trend... that's how you get to the promise land.

and I tell you it feels great!

ElCubano and SimpleMeLike like this.
  9. Just before success, you want to give up.

VPhantom, Turveyd, tenny1886 and 2 others like this.
  10. if you made money, then i guess you know your way around in the market. May be take a look at the psychology side of trading. cos no body can win 100% all the time, keeping your losses at bay and winners dear. May be that might work. Don't give up, many don't even make money atleast you got that going for you. Just might have to readjust your trading strategy along with risk management, in MHO.

#10     Mar 26, 2019
    PennySnatch likes this.