I'm no liberal but WTF !!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by riddler, Apr 18, 2013.

1. VVV1234

VVV1234

There should be no restrictions on ownership, sale, commerce of
    firearms. Period.

No one should be restricted from buying or selling a firearm. Period.

Why can't you fucking liberals read the constitution and understand that?

#21     Apr 18, 2013
  2. mgrund

mgrund

3. mgrund

mgrund

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Myth: Gun shows are supermarkets for criminals
    Fact:Only 0.7% of convicts bought their firearms at gun shows. 39.2% obtained them from illegal street dealers.
    Fact:Fewer than 1% of “crime guns” were obtained at gun shows.
    This is a reduction from a 1997 study that found 2% of guns used in criminal offenses were purchased at gun shows.
    Fact:The FBI concluded in one study that no firearms acquired at gun shows were used to kill police officers. “
    In contrast to media myth, none of the firearms in the study were obtained from gun shows.”
    Fact:Only 5% of metropolitan police departments believe gun shows are a problem.
    Fact:Only 3.5% of youthful offenders reported that they obtained their last handgun at a gun show.
    Fact:93% of guns used in crimes are obtained illegally (i.e., not at gun stores or gun shows).
    Fact:At most, 14% of all firearms traced in investigations were purchased at gun shows.
    But this includes all firearms that the police traced, whether or not they were
    used in crimes, which overstates
    the acquisition rate.
    Fact:Gun dealers are federally licensed. They are bound to stringent rules for sales that apply equally whether they are selling firearms from a storefront or a gun show.
    Fact:Most crime guns are either bought off the street from illegal sources (39.2%) or through family members or friends (39.6%).
    Myth: 25-50% of the vendors at most gun shows are “unlicensed dealers”
    Fact:There is no such thing as an “unlicensed dealer,” except for people who buy and sell antique–curio–firearms as a hobby (not a business).

Sources

176)Firearm Use by Offenders, Bureau of Justice Statistics, February 2002
    177)Ibid
    178)Homicide in Eight U.S. Cities
    , National Institute of Justice, December 1997
    179)Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers,U.S.Department of Justice, August 2006
    180)- On the Front Line: Making Gun Interdiction Work
    , Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, February
    1998, survey of 37 police departments in large cities
    181)Patterns in Gun Acquisition and Use by Youthful Offenders in Michigan
    , Timothy S. Bynum, Todd G.
    Beitzel, Tracy A. O’Connell & Sean P. V
    arano, 1999
    182)BATF, 1999
    183)BATF, June 2000, covers only July 1996 through December 1998
    184)BATF, 2000
    185)Firearm use by Offenders
    , Bureau of Justice Statistics, November 2001

#24     Apr 19, 2013

5. Geez I don't know if you answered my question or not, too long of a rant, you must be wanting to read your own words, a simple yes or no would of answered the question.

#25     Apr 19, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The Constitution doesn't say that. Perhaps you should read it yourself.

#26     Apr 19, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Documented studies and facts are...rants? Really?

To my knowledge as Magna ALREADY pointed out all firearms sold at gun shows by FFL's require exactly the same documentation/background check required anywhere else.

And according to those lengthy <s>statistical facts</s> uh "rants" there IS NO gun show problem.

#27     Apr 19, 2013
  8. jem

jem

I think he was attempting to be sarcastic.

No one is saying convicted murderers or people who have recently been to terror training camps should be able to buy guns.

#28     Apr 19, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

Maybe you should read it dipshit. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

#29     Apr 19, 2013
  10. What part of "well regulated militia" do you not understand ?

#30     Apr 19, 2013