I'm new to the site. Who are the "real deal" handles here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Deep Pockets, May 1, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

That filters out any oldtimers, who actually had staying power. Like was implemented 12-15 or so years after ET started...

#51     May 2, 2021
    Sprout, Asterix and piezoe like this.
  2. Welcome to the site. I’m fairly new here too and some of the folks I find the most value from are @destriero and @Same Lazy Element. There are others too, like @KCalhoun , @Overnight , and @Robert Morse who can be interesting. As you visit more frequently you’ll find the group of traders you find more interesting or have the same style or viewpoints as you. Enjoy your stay.

#52     May 2, 2021
  3. Hello Deep Pockets,

Great conversation.

Just to make sure I understand your logic.

Are you stating, you would take a 8% return per year with lower drawdown (say 2% drawdown) and scale up to say 100 contracts and make alot of money versus...

investing in SP500 with about 20% possible drawdown for 15% on your initial capital?

Is this correct?

#53     May 2, 2021
  4. speedo

speedo

ET lol

#54     May 2, 2021
    johnnyrock and SimpleMeLike like this.
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

He’s here looking to allocate a billlion dollars to other traders plus learn to trade for himself through a paid mentor.

you might get a 40mm allocation from him while @KCalhoun can sign him up for a $2000 course on trading price action

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    #55     May 2, 2021
  6. LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA that was funny speedo. I know what you mean too. :D:D:D:D

I like when you say "ET LOL"

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    #56     May 2, 2021
  7. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Just like any filter they are just guidelines. A lot of the old timers are sage. Like any filter it depends upon the Universe it is applied. One might say, the need for filters is more for the new people than the older one... :D

#57     May 2, 2021
    smallfil likes this.
  8. deaddog

deaddog

You left and came back with a different user name? :sneaky::sneaky:

#58     May 2, 2021
    johnnyrock likes this.
  9. The absolute level of return is not relevant in isolation. It is the level of return for each true unit of risk that actually matters versus the probabilities of hitting those losses, etc. Not a simple or objective matrix. Lots of subjectivity. However, in isolation, if i knew i could make 8% with a 2% risk versus 20% with a 15% risk, of course, I would leverage my 8% return 2x and make 16% returns with 4% drawdowns/risks. The problem and job is to figure all of this out because there is a lot of subjectivity to it even if someone has a 10 year track record. That is why the edge of the strategy is much more important than the numbers. Also, this presumes one is accounting for the risk of ruin as well in the calculus such as in the case of option selling which may appear to be amazing but has that risk of ruin in it that kills the whole thing.

#59     May 2, 2021
  10. I'm not looking to learn how to trade through any paid mentor. I was a trader for one of the most successful Firms in history but that style of trading is long gone back in the 1990s. I want to be Julian Robertson and find the next Chase Coleman. Not an easy task.

#60     May 2, 2021