I'm new to the site. Who are the "real deal" handles here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Deep Pockets, May 1, 2021.

1. I'm trying to following threads of experienced, consistent, money making traders out of the tens of thousands of handles/people who post. Would appreciate any opinions on who is actually the "real deal" on their site so that I can read their posts and follow them. Obviously, this is subjective, but, i imagine there are some posters who have gained a reputation for being knowledgeable, reputable and insightful. Just looking to narrow my starting point in following posts.

Thank you!

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

inverse everything i say for guaranteed victory.

3. Vtechno

Vtechno

4. guru

guru

Me! I've just reached the first Dunning–Kruger peak!
    Other than that, you may want to start with deciding what you want to trade: stocks, options, futures, forex; day trading, swing trading, long-term, etc. Then go through some trade journals and decide for yourself which may be worth your time:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/forums/journals.29/

Asterix, DiceAreCast and Nobert like this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

All of us are the "real deal" here. We are all elite traders here.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  6. Hello Deep Pockets,

How do you plan to validate and prove to yourself those who respond with "they are real deal" trader before you follow them?

Thanks,

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  7. Good suggestion and thank you. I personally do not want to trade. I had been an old fashioned trader for 30+ years. I now have different reasons for following people.

guru likes this.
  8. You make a very valid point and that would be entirely accurate if I was a total noob. There could be some value if a bunch of people came up with the same poster (i.e. I've been following XYZ for years and he/she truly has something special). However, in my particular situation, I'd like to think i have enough experience to possibly narrow the field from the 1000 people who think they have an edge to the 1 person who actually does. Of course, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. Thanks for your intelligent reply

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. @OptionsOptionsOptions is very well respected in the ET community - he usually posts in the Options forums.

10. themickey

themickey

There's no shortcuts in trading (other than having a mentor).

#10     May 1, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.