im new to ag futures..whats good?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by cashmoney69, May 26, 2009.

1. Yes, id like something that I can hold overnight, so livestock might be my MKT of choice if its good for swing traders, as I come from a stock swing trading background.

I'll contact OEC futures and ask their advice. I loved their platform.

#11     May 26, 2009
  2. Do you know if IB quotes MGE wheat and what is the symbol?

#12     May 26, 2009
  3. HAHAHA!!! N/X beans will tear his head off if he's new to the ags!

#13     May 26, 2009
  4. I do not know if IB has this symbol...I clear through RCG and Advantage. Try "MWE" as the root symbol.

#14     May 26, 2009
  5. ?.....spot-month feeder cattle during it's final, several days of trading. :cool:

#15     May 26, 2009
  6. what about coffee?

no one said anything about that contract.

#16     May 26, 2009
  7. (CF = S) Coffee equals Soybeans. :cool:

#17     May 26, 2009
  8. gont trade ags............in depth fundamental knowledge is a must (you can't just look at a chart with a million indicators and make money unless you are using the fundamentals as well.......you will get owned if you do that) Plus volatility will eat you alive.........limit ups, limit downs can and do happen especially as we get into the summer pollination period.

#18     May 26, 2009
  9. cause coffee's volume is light compare to other; which you are looking for high volume contracts.

are you just yanking chains in here? :D

zc(corn), zs(soybean), and zw(wheat) are pretty liquid contracts. but, if you are looking for as liquid as ym or es; then forget about it.

#19     May 26, 2009
  10. plus weather pattern, not just in North American, but globally. At the same time, many geopolitical stuff to consider as well, by now, you should know sun spot activity is major source of global warming, etc.

#20     May 26, 2009