I'm never going back to crappy Lenovo monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hunter2020, Mar 29, 2022.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Have you contacted tech support?
    The aspect ratio problem should have a very simple solution, as in some kind of 'fit' feature to dial the fresh monitor into your graphics card.
    Does the color. bright, contrast gang have an overall control option like 'text', graphics', 'standard', 'movies', 'User' selections?
    Should have a focus control too.
    That ain't workin'... more cowbell

#11     Mar 29, 2022
  2. vic38

vic38

Why aren't you running the monitors at native resolution? Most monitors look terrible when you run them at non-native resolutions.

#12     Mar 30, 2022
    d08 likes this.
  3. nursebee

nursebee

Did you purchase them all at once or did you really take five lessons to learn (or at least complain)?

#13     Mar 30, 2022
  4. what was the prices or the 3 most pricier monitors

#14     Apr 2, 2022
  5. I been stalking Lenovo official eBay store, only bought the monitor when it went on sale plus used eBay Coupons. Beware the eBay store though, their return policy not very forgiving. They didn't even want to help me with my returns that's why I ended up with 5 of their monitors!

#15     Apr 5, 2022
  6. OK, so just a little update. After getting my Huawei Matebook laptop, I finally realize what the problem with Lenovo monitors is.

Lenovo boasts sRGB 99% for most of their monitors. Whats up these OEMs? MSI even goes up to 110%-120% sRGB for their monitors. Anyways, because these monitors have so high sRGB coverage the picture will look super-saturated. Can't use them to trade stocks/look at stock charts, but OMG my QHD 23.8 inch Lenovo monitor makes for a very good TV when watching from TV-viewing distance. That's gotta be the best bedroom TV I ever owned!

I bought Lenovo monitors to use as monitors, but end up using them to watch movies and anime (from afar, these things stink when sitting right in front to view)! Useless monitors for trading and general computing but super-excellent TVs!

#16     Jun 17, 2022
  7. I've been using a Viewsonic LCD monitor from 2016 for the longest time on my mini PC...I was blown away by modern clarity, crispness, and vibrancy of newer technology. The screen on my new laptop is so much better.

#17     Jun 17, 2022
  8. apdxyk

apdxyk

NEC Pro line is quite good.
    If you want to go big, like a real elite trader, I recommend the monitors used in medical imaging.

#18     Jun 17, 2022
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Next time try ASUS or LG.

#19     Jun 17, 2022
  10. Laptops are the way to go. I don't recommend any desktop monitors for trading now. They're all trying for ever increasing color space and Windows don't support this increase system wide. The only PCs that can take advantage of the new monitors capabilities are Macs. Most people don't own Macs, so their monitors end up looking very much saturated on a Windows PC. The only good application for super-saturated displays are for TVs. TVs don't make for good computer monitors because their pictures are over-saturated. Any super-saturated monitor like most new ones you find on the market make for very good TVs!

#20     Jun 17, 2022