I'm lost + stuck. Help me to help you.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by savagemp5, Nov 20, 2011.

1. +1. if the message hasn't sunk in yet write this down 100 times.

#11     Nov 22, 2011
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Do #1. Friends and family accounts to start. Call a lawyer and get the proper documents set up so that you don't get sued if you lose money. From there raise more capital. The other strategies are difficult as you have no reputation and no infrastructure (legal, compliance, etc) to deal with it.

#12     Nov 22, 2011

3. Am working on the copyrights.... The master secrets channeled from the original market masters. Learn the secrets from the true players of the Great Depression and Panic of the 1900's i.e Donchian (father of trend following), Jesse Livermoore (the great bear trader), learn from the master banker J.P Morgan all the tricks used to get retail money! The grail is before you. ONLY $99.95! BUY NOW....

#13     Nov 23, 2011
  4. #14     Nov 27, 2011
  5. ammo

ammo

I AM IN THE BASIN AND DECIDE TO CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN,IT'S COLD SO I STOP IN THE CHALET 200 FT UP, IT'S WARM AND I QUIT MY QUEST AND LOOK FOR AN EASY WAY OUT,SEE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SCENARIO?

#15     Nov 27, 2011
  6. Are you angry and jealous of your limited capabilities ? What about taking the time you took to type, to learn something new, and adding value to yourself ?

At least I do agree that the system is useless and has lost its powers, but from a business point of view, I try to sell this out. This is just like Citadel selling out Etrade.

Yes its tweaking, unfortunately, and definitely. How about saying I'm still constantly trying and trying, researching new ideas and putting it from Monte Carlo to Production. Is there an algorithm that can run with a fix set of settings without tweaks ? I don't think so.

Why 5 minutes ? Its like taking a 0.1% profits per trade on average, for 1000 trades a day.

Because my turnaround for capital is faster and my cash at risk is minimum, im dealing with 50-100 positions simultaneously. I still yet to calculate my Sharp ratio (hope its >1 at least) basis on my Daily AUM, so yeah.

Seriously I need less of these brainless, useless , non constructive replies, else we are just wasting this server's space and other users time. Where are the bright people... Can't seem to find them :(

#16     Nov 27, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

the point was you haven't been at it long enough,give it some more time,with a little more knowledge you will be investing in yourself instead of looking for an investor

#17     Nov 27, 2011
  8. no kidding, when I started out they told me if I could figure out a way to consistently beat the long bond I would be the richest man alive.

If you can make 8% no problem just go to Goldman or JP Morgan and ask them for a couple of billion and they will gladly give it to you.

I can make 100%, but there are myriad problems involved.

#18     Nov 27, 2011
  9. the number one problem being the year I lost 100%.

#19     Nov 27, 2011
  10. Regarding trading with others account, please have a look here:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127983
    For new traders, starting out with paper trading is safe as you trade using paper money and risk nothing. Also, better to start part time so that pressure does not come and you have some steady income also.

#20     Dec 9, 2011