I´m looking programmer for Metatrader4

Discussion in 'App Development' started by SFLtd, May 21, 2019.

1. SFLtd

SFLtd

I´m looking experienced programmer in MQL4, which would be interested about collaboration in creating of trading strategies. I have several strategies that I would need to programm. I´m experienced in creating of trading strategies. I have own indicator and several conservative strategies, which are based on the indicator. I can to provide real results from myfxbook account. The programmer would always to receive the strategy for his trading and testing. Let me know if someone would be interesting in collaboration.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Good luck, but without paying it will be very hard for you to find a decent programmer. Too many people want to back test their strategies.

qlai likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

PennySnatch likes this.
  4. keep_on

keep_on

Ok. Let's try.

5. How did you "create those trading strategies" if you by own admission don't know how to program nor have data (as you admitted in another thread)? Sounds all pretty strange to me, you are extremely opaque what you offer but are very detailed in what you want. Perhaps the best start would be to work on your English?

6. forexfly

forexfly

I don't know how easy finding a programmer to work with you on this as "collaboration" would be. Instead, I think that if you have strategies you should look for non-programming platforms you could build them and backtest them on. They offer demos, but ultimately you'll still have to pay for them. I've started using https://tradeasy.tech/home-english/ but you can definitely find more with some research.

7. carrer

carrer

I am an MQL4 programmer (many years experience). I am not sure how profitable your strategy is and would appreciate if you could share a rough idea of your strategy or a screenshot of your indicator. I can spot easily if it is profitable or not. If it looks good, I will do it for free.

cruisecontrol likes this.
  8. fan27

fan27

@SFLtd , you just struck gold with the above offer!

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Strange to hear something like this. How can you judge profitability by just looking at screen shot over a limited data sample???? Are you sure you have experience ?????:sneaky:

GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  10. Here's something I posted on this site back in 2015 here. One thing that's changed is it used to be $100/hour and now it's $200/hour :D

--------------------

"I'm a software professional and I've implemented a some "great ideas" for free for a few individuals. These were ideas that appeared to be (in my judgement) worthy of development and I thought I had a chance at riding the gravy train. My experience has been:
    1. Profitable manual traders are not rigidly following a set of concrete entry and exit rules.
      They are generally looking at more inputs than simple price, time, volume etc and their brains have developed an intuitive feel for when risk is high and low. This is impossible to implement in a computer program, at least with current technology.
    2. When implemented as a rigid set of entry/exit rules, the trader's idea ends up not being profitable in either forward- or back-testing. This is a direct result of #1.
    3. The trader, in frustrated denial, claims the programmer "didn't do it right." At this point he gets the brilliant idea that he just needed more filters. So now he has the programmer add this and that indicator to filter out the obviously "bad" trades. The trip down this rabbit hole results in amazing back-testing results that don't work in forward time due to over-optimization and data mining bias.
    4. After #3 doesn't work the last resort is the suggested addition of position sizing strategies such as Martingale and its derivatives.
    5. At this point I stop work because further effort is clearly pointless.
    A truly serious and motivated individual with good ideas is best served by hiring a programmer directly as an employee or contractor. But keep in mind that programmers in the financial industry aren't $10/hour script kiddies. They're paid $100+/hour by well-funded firms.

The average "guy with a good idea" isn't willing to pay anything for programming. If you think you can be a programmer on a paid basis with such an individual you're at a high risk of getting stiffed for your work. And if you do the job for free thinking you'll have a profitable automated system, think again; it's very very unlikely.

It really isn't worth it."

#10     May 22, 2019