I'm Looking for Traders to Invest With

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Doug Allen, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi austinp,

What's next to get started is I need to evaluate which people here I would entrust my money with. The first accounts will be funded with my personal money.

My primary intention for creating this thread was just to see if there would be any interest. Apparently there is. In less than a day I've been contacted by well over 50 people. I've been replying to everybody personally so I'm getting a little behind in my communications.

I will be talking about how to begin screening possible traders with my partner in the next day or two. I'll let you know then what the next step will be.

Thanks,

Doug

PS... Why do you assume you need no "mental coaching"? Just curious.

#41     Feb 16, 2009
  2. No, I'm not related to the real estate Robert Allen guy...

I have a bit more certainty about being able to partner with people to help make them successful because I've done it before.

I don't believe there's any magic to trading. That said, if a person does not have mastery over their own psychology, no matter how smart they are, or how good they are, they will at some point screw up because they'll act based on emotions, not logic.

Unless a trader has both components -a mechanical edge and psychological mastery, he or she will never succeed long-term (or probably short-term).

But if it doesn't work I'll be the one losing money, not the traders.

#42     Feb 16, 2009
  3. <i>"PS... Why do you assume you need no "mental coaching"? Just curious."</i>

I suppose for the exact-same reason you might assume all traders need some degree of coaching.

<i>"This is the ONLY place we're publicizing this for now because of the quality of the membership here is <b>exceptional</b>."</i>

From your exact words one might interpret "exceptional = exception" to mean some readers here are six, seven and eight-figure annual earners. That might also infer they don't want to change what is working now... nor would you.

I'm personally open to any type of educational coaching = lessons... given the choice to pick or pass on what I utilize. Anyone coachable would be. Just wondering where the repeated emphasis on coaching from that specific source fits into the overall scope you propose.

#43     Feb 16, 2009

4. ok, good luck! hopefully it will be you losing the money and not your "investor (s)".

surf

#44     Feb 16, 2009

5. Yes, this is a secret vendor come on that I concocted in my marketing lab late one night...

First, create a hedge fund and make millions of dollars.

Next, team up with a remote viewing expert and claim she will help people with their trading.

Then, find a trading forum and offer to fund traders and share the profits.

Finally, when I get swamped with people wanting to know more, have nothing to sell them!

While I am flattered that you think that I'm sort of marketing genius, the truth is I'm just a guy with a fund of funds who had a crazy idea that I could provide capital to underfunded traders and we could both benefit.

I apologize for scaring you.

Doug

#45     Feb 16, 2009
  6. <i>"ok, good luck! hopefully it will be you losing the money and not your "investor (s)"</i>

Hopefully it will be everyone making money? I think that's what you meant to wish for, surf :cool:

#46     Feb 16, 2009

7. Why not simply automate your "mechanical system" Underfunded traders are losers by default. This makes zero sense.

Have you considered that traders are "underfunded" for only one reason?

Lack of skill is the reason. otherwise, one can easily earn a fortune starting with very little.

by the way, remote viewing is indicative of a SCAM

Tony Robbins has been proven to have told some tall tales in his day--- not much of a guy for facts.

#47     Feb 16, 2009
  8. Actually Major Ed Dames has been very accurate at times with Remote Viewing.........

"In September of 2007 on the Coast to Coast AM radio show, Major Dames was the first person to openly state that without a doubt "Steven Fossett was deceased" and announced that Mr. Fossett's craft was located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California.

This announcement from Ed Dames was made while the largest search effort in U.S. history was taking place in the state of Nevada where searchers were confident the plane would be found. Major Dames' national statement would put his career and the reputation of Remote Viewing itself on the line.

Roughly one year later, news has surfaced that Steve Fossett's plane has been recovered in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California only 60 miles from the location in which Major Ed Dames and his team were searching."

:)

#48     Feb 16, 2009

9. Now I understand where you're coming from.

Yes, some traders here are 8-figure earners. Others are skilled but inexperienced and/or underfunded.

What I had envisioned was working with people who's trading would benefit from the coaching. I guess it's because that was my own personal experience, my model of the world. I went from making $60k a year to a million a year in large part from the coaching, so I guess I'm looking at it from through that lens.

Of course it goes without saying that if you're already successfully producing high return/low risks results you probably already "get" the mental aspect of it. If that's the case, you already know how important the mental part is.

Doug

#49     Feb 16, 2009
  10. <i>"Yes, this is a secret vendor come on that I concocted in my marketing lab late one night..."</i>

It's my nature to give benefit of doubt at first until proven otherwise, which has of course bitten me in the butt at times.

The only thing that seemed incongruous was your constant referral to an otherwise unknown mental coach as part of the equation. Some naturally wonder if yours was a stealth marketing approach for that... an extended package mandatory with the coach worked into process somehow.

I'm Series 3 licensed and able to legitimately work with conditions you propose on their face right now. Whatever else is part of the process makes a difference. If you honestly seek a managed funds arrangement with no hidden agenda, there are legit CTAs here to work with out of the gate. Other talent(s) may require grooming before all ducks are in a row.

That's all I have to add for this discussion. Look forward to visiting with you about further details if you choose to PM, or best wishes regardless if you don't.

#50     Feb 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.