I'm Looking for Traders to Invest With

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Doug Allen, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Patty De Martin teaches REMOTE VIEWING.

This is a bogus psychic future reading nonsense.

http://www.thecrossingsaustin.com/w...c=3&sub=7&id=9dde7560-da7d-1028-9bd5-001143ce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

http://skepdic.com/remotevw.html

RUN from this nonsense guised in trader science talk.

#31     Feb 16, 2009
  2. <i>"1. We put money into a trading account in our name,
    2. We give you trading authorization on the account,
    3. You trade from your dining room table in your pajamas for all we care. We also don't care what you trade or how often you trade, or even if you hold overnight. All we need is a profile of your risk exposure ahead of time so we know how much money to allocate.
    4. At the end of the month, we split the profits you generate.
    5. If the account loses money, it's our loss and not yours.
    Does that make sense?"</i>

Perfect sense. Assuming I don't need any mental coaching at all, what else is necessary to get started?

I think that's what everyone here is asking. Assuming you find traders ready to perform without psych help of any sort, what next?

#32     Feb 16, 2009
  3. These are all great questions, and ones that I wasn't anticipating that I would need to address at this phase. I just posted here to see if there would be an interest.

From our perspective, liquidity is very important. That's why we're posting this on a trading forum. We want liquid investments held in accounts in our name.

And if there's anything to be learned from 2008, it's that traditional risk models mean nothing when you have 15 years of brokerage statements from a company that fabricated each and every statement and trade.

Then there's the transparency, or lack thereof, of traditional hedge funds. This is where most of our holdings have been invested, and no matter how much you apply risk models, they mean nothing if the managers are drifting from their trading style or are siphoning off money.

My goal here is to find undiscovered traders who would benefit from additional capital to trade, give them coaching, and let them trade accounts and see how they do.

Seriously, it's not all that complicated. :)

Doug

#33     Feb 16, 2009
  4. are you related to robert allen?

he does this same concept in real estate.

surf:D :D

ps. this idea has been tried several times in the past, that i am aware of, each time has been a total failure.

in fact, i know one manager who had hundreds of traders thru the door, all with a supposed edge--- not one could replicate their past results after being funded....

#34     Feb 16, 2009
  5. How generous you are. Considering that even the best institutional traders worldwide are unable to charge more than 25% or 30% of profits. You however offer a whopping risk free 50% right off the bat to anonymous retail traders on a message board :cool:

#35     Feb 16, 2009
  6. <i>"My goal here is to find undiscovered traders who would benefit from additional capital to trade, give them coaching, and let them trade accounts and see how they do. Seriously, it's not all that complicated...</i>

Again, what if we totally nix the coaching part from lack of necessity and move right into the managed money aspect. Where do we go from there?

#36     Feb 16, 2009

7. The coach specializes in remote viewing--- be afraid, very afraid!

see links posted above for further info on coach and her methods.

THis is somekind of a secretive vendor come on=== remote viewing, give me a break! 50% payouts then 80% of performance--- no one can take this stuff seriously, can they?

:D

#37     Feb 16, 2009
  8. <i>"be afraid, very afraid"</i>

There is nothing to fear. The OP is looking for operable traders to make money with money. Some don't need mental = emotional help. My questions specifically ask about them... zero need for mental coaching, what next?

#38     Feb 16, 2009

9. Do you need "remote viewing" for profits, Austinp? if not, they are not interested in you.

:p

#39     Feb 16, 2009
  10. hi cerealkiller,

I just wanted to clarify who Patty DeMartin is and what she does.

Patty has been a master trainer for Tony Robbins since 1992. Tony Robbins has been coaching one of the most successful fund managers in the world since the early 90's. This gentleman, whose name I'm not at liberty to reveal, made over $500 million in a single day, and pays Tony $1 million a year plus a percentage of the profits for his coaching.

I didn't meet Patty until 1998. From what I understand, Patty went through personal training processes with Tony in which some of what she learned were distinctions Tony made from coaching this elite trader.

Whatever the case, Patty began coaching me in 1998 when I first started trading, and within a year I was making over $1 million, due in large part to Patty's coaching. If you actually believe the emotions of fear and/or greed affect traders then you will understand why what Patty does is priceless.

As for the remote viewing, what do you expect? She's from California. :D

I drive my Rolls Royce down a dirt road to go fishing sometimes. Sure, people think that's unusual too. But hey... sometimes things you don't expect are the exact things that get you to where you want to go.

Doug

#40     Feb 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.