I'm Looking for Traders to Invest With

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Doug Allen, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everybody,

First, I want to say that I was reading the threads tonight and was thinking how lucky we are to have a forum like this to share ideas, and to be part of this special group of traders. We share a lot of the same challenges and goals, and reading the threads here makes me feel there's a special bond and connection between us that we traders have that other people could never understand. I guess that's why everybody here seems genuinely interested in helping each other out and seeing each other do well.

Which brings me to the reason I'm posting this thread....

I manage a fund of funds that invests money with other fund managers and traders. We've reached a point where we're looking to diversify more by finding a few individual traders to trade our accounts in exchange for a split of the profits.

In other words, my partner and I plan set up and fund the accounts, you trade the accounts, we split the profits, and my partner and I take 100% of the risk.

I'm a little reluctant to even post here because my partner thinks I'll be inundated with people that know zilch about trading. Having read many, many threads, I think he's mistaken. This is the ONLY place we're publicizing this for now because of the quality of the membership here is exceptional. Where else do traders have serious trading discussions about spelling and chess?? :)

Also, we'll be providing a training program designed in large part with my personal trading coach, Patty DeMartin. Patty only takes private clients, and has been called "the world's greatest trading coach." I can see why. She helped me go from breaking even to making over $1 million a year in ways that you can only "get" if you go through her training. It would be like trying to understand riding a bike by reading a book. :)

(btw... Patty's very modest and hates when I call her "the world's greatest trading coach." She'll disagree and tell me she's really not the world's greatest trading coach, which is fine by me because it keeps her fees lower... lol...)

Anyway...

I should also note that this training is not for sale, and will be very limited because we will be required to personally interact with the people we are coaching. I'm posting here to see if anybody would even be interested in something like this, and to get some feedback on how to customize the training for the specific traders we select. So if you're not selected to be part of the group we coach please do not offer to pay for the training!

If this seems like something you might be interested in being part of PM me for more details. I feel pretty confident this might be just the break some people need to take their trading careers to the next level.

Thanks,

Doug Allen

PS... I understand this isn't for everybody. This will require a commitment of time, if not money. My gut feeling is there are people here who could produce extraordinary results with the right coaching and if funded adequately. Just the fact that you're reading this probably means you have potential to be a successful professional trader.

2. trendy

trendy

So, you and your partner are the Duke Brothers, and you are looking for some Billy Ray Valentines. Is the bet still a dollar?

3. LOL... no... we stopped trading concentrated orange futures years ago!

Seriously, my partner and I invest in other traders, most of whom are set up as hedge funds. We do this because trading is generally uncorrelated with any markets because it's non-directional. The problem with many of these guys is size. The more money they get the harder it is for them to generate great returns.

So we think there is an opportunity in investing money with outstanding, undiscovered traders. After reading the forums here I am fairly certain that there are quite a few traders here who fit the bill. :)

We want to invest with them before they get too big.

On a personal note, I also get great satisfaction in helping other people become successful. After making (and losing) millions of dollars, what I can tell you is that it's people, not the money, that matters the most.

Doug

4. AMEN to that! :)

5. I guess you have not read enough threads here to know that your generous is offer is going to be accused of being a fraud. You can prevent that and be taken seriously if you attach some sort of proof that you really manage large accounts, such as a brokerage statement, your website, a prospectus of your fund of funds, etc.

6. Initially, your post sounded like you were looking for people on this site who already knew how to trade well. Then, as I read further, you were saying that you wanted to train them to trade like your Patty person. If you are looking for traders who already know how to trade well, I don't think they would want to be trained to do things differently from the way they already trade.

So who exactly are you addressing here?

7. ess1096

ess1096

8. Hi DrPepper,

Skepticism is a very valuable quality in a trader!

I understand completely where you're coming from. When I first started out, it seemed like every con artist on the planet somehow gravitated towards trading. Commodities were the worst!

Then there were all the black box systems that supposedly were back-tested to produce great returns but never worked in the real world.

So I can totally relate to why people wouldn't take me seriously at first.

That said, you'll notice that I'm not asking for anything, and I'm not selling anything. My entire life is built around contribution and adding value to other people. I stopped coaching traders 8 years ago, in large part because it caused tension with my ex-wife. It's one of the things I regret the most. Like I said, after making millions of dollars, I can honestly tell you that it's not the money that gives me fulfillment -it's the people I've been able to help.

For example, one of the projects I'm working on right now is helping my daughter raise $20 million to build a medical center in Haiti. About 10 years ago when I started trading I set up an account just to raise money for medical center for kids in Fiji. In fact, the entire reason I started trading in the first place was so I could make enough money to adopt a child from China. She turned 11 last month.

I'm not telling you this to try to impress you, but to impress upon you that it's not about making money. It's about making a difference in other people's lives, which is what my outcome is for recruiting and training traders.

Also, I would love to publicly advertise my fund and my site, but hedge funds are not permitted any public advertising.

And with the speed with which information travels on the internet, I would have to be a complete idiot to do anything even remotely fraudulent.

I'll PM you with more details if you want. :)

Thanks,

Doug

PS.... no, that's not me on linkedin!

9. Doug, check your email.
    I sent short message to you.

Regards,
    F.M.

#10     Feb 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.