I'm looking for someone's Trading Record, your own or one you could make

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DaffyDuck6114, May 1, 2006.

1. Scalability is an issue, its not so much knowing where a stock is going to go in the short run, its being able to get in and out w/ little slippage. My method of trading isnt too scalable right now so I really cant push it too much more w/o having to alter my style. I know, eventually, if I want to make significant money, I will have to be more flexible.

#21     May 2, 2006
  2. If you guys want to talk about this BS, private message each other. I'm looking for something here and would appricate the posts to stick to the subject.

#22     May 2, 2006
  3. tito

tito

What was your maximum stop for a position, if I may ask? How much does a position have to go against you before you bail?

Impressive numbers, btw. Wishing you more profitable trading this year. :)

#23     May 2, 2006
  4. You're doing about half the long term average of ET's successful traders (1 point on one contract @ 2,000 margin for ES); that is, you double every 60 days, disregarding contract sizes and the normal steps.

Does you record show 5K going to 10K in sort of less than a quarter (60 business days) then to 20K then to 40K then to 80K and finally at year end 120K? Or did the equity curve you keep show "learning" occurring? If so how did the profit per cycle change and/or what was the % in the market time change?

Do you have any kind of record of the cause and effect of anything?

I know you do edge trading and the 5k is not the actual capital you have, etc. But maybe there is a possibility that there are several milestones that shifted your transitions from one state to another.

Its hard to detect a lot of the details by tracking your posting over time.

The toughest part is figuring how often you took capital out of the account.

TIA.

#24     May 2, 2006
  5. Try trading yourself, and if succesfull, then you wouldnt need to pay somebody to make you look good.
    All your request is doing is letting everyone see how little self estemm you have, whats next - you want somebody to bone your chick in the dark and make out like its you that doing the business...how sad.

#25     May 2, 2006

6. Ok, for those who don't realize how he made such gains. He works at a prop shop, which means that 5k is margined up the hill, he is probably trading with over 100k. So, him making 125k means he only did a bit more than 100% annual return, plus it's compounded most likely. Odds are that the amount he was trading with was more than 100k, and it means that he couldn't even produce 100% annually. That 5k is required of traders to put up in a prop shop simply to be able to trade, it's nothing close to what they actually let him trade with.

So, fairy tales only exist in kids books. I hope the subject is now closed.

#26     May 2, 2006
  7. So, before u go why dont u post a pic of your chick, i might be interested........

#27     May 2, 2006
  8. I believe Steve has $500k in buying power.

#28     May 2, 2006
  9. You know one thing never changes over the years on elite, and thats the amount of amatures and the ignorant things they say.

#29     May 2, 2006

10. Exactly, no miracles or amazing trading going on here, merely a bit more than 25% annually. If that's what makes you happy than talk to him more privetely about his strategy.

If you thought he actually turned 5k into 125k, sorry to dissappoint you.

#30     May 2, 2006