I'm looking for a prop that offers...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by zzzap, May 29, 2006.

1. zzzap

zzzap

Thanks nb,
    the only frond end I know of supporting server-side stops is Das Trader.

#11     May 30, 2006
  2. segv

segv

Leverage can be tempting, but it has two very sharp edges. If you really require more than 4:1 leverage intraday to see a significant return, I would speculate that your margins are too thin (edit: no pun intended). That being said, I recommend exploring your alternatives for getting leverage. Equities markets are highly correlated, so you might be able to substitute futures or less expensive equities for your current markets. You might be able to use options if your strategy is not on a hair trigger - after carefully studying their unique risks. Many traders have also obtained seed capital from their close personal friends or relatives, so you might consider starting your own "prop", splitting the returns with your partners. (Many traders have lost their close personal friends and relatives money as well, so keep that in mind).

-segv

#12     May 30, 2006
  3. zzzap

zzzap

A bit off topic, but I will post a short reply anyway.
    Yes, 4:1 is enough most of the times, but there are x days/month that I could use even 40:1 without risking more than hundred $ or two (unless one of my stocks is halted, but that is already really of topic) :)

Now back to the original topic please :)

#13     May 30, 2006