I'm looking for a new Flat monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sportsguy, Sep 22, 2002.

1. exe

exe

MKTman,

the larger 191T will enable you to sit further away and read the screen. I need to have my internet explorer settings on "larger" to read comfortably on the 191T. If I had gone with the 181T, I'd probably have to enlarge the fonts to "largest" on internet explorer. This is the usability aspect.

If you look just at the spec the tighter pixel pitch will look nicer. Either way, beautiful screens. One problem you should know is that when running digitally (DVI), you cannot change anything but the brightness of the screen from the hardware buttons. That's right, no color correction/matching for me.

Nitro, that 1600x1200 looks nice, hope they come with 20"or21" as I dont' want to squint. For squinting contest, check out the new IBM T211.. a 9 megapixel screen. Viewsonic has the same screen.

#31     Oct 7, 2002
  2. mktman

mktman

Thx for the advice.
    Greatly appreciated :))

#32     Oct 7, 2002
  3. loveshek

loveshek

hey please ignore my previous post...
    after reading this thread i changed my mind and bought the new samsung 19 inches LCD(i just bought one since i used to have headiche after watching LCD screen for long time)

But Its AWESOME, I dont have headiche....its bright and the image is very sharp...

#33     Oct 9, 2002
  4. JUST GOT AN ALERT THAT SAMSUNG 191T IS NOW PRICED AT $789.99 + $29.95 SHIPPING. GO TO WWW.STREETPRICES.COM AND DO SEARCH. HOPE THIS HELPS THOSE LOOKING FOR NEW LCD MONITOR.

#34     Oct 10, 2002
  5. i think fryes had a flat panel on sale for like $450... i couldnt read the advert; a combo of too many hours in front of a monitor and vanity (i might not be able to see shit, but at least i dont wear glasses). LOL!

BTW, im waiting until january for after-Xmas sales.

#35     Oct 10, 2002
  6. The prices have dropped a lot in the last month, If you are going to use it for hours a day spend the money and get a quality monitor. The Nerds prices are always low but I don't trust them to have it in stock, the quantity on their web site never changes.

#36     Oct 10, 2002
  7. mktman

mktman

ecost has the Samsung 191t for $768.

Like others not sure about ordering from them nor what they say they have in stock.

mktman

#37     Oct 10, 2002
  8. #38     Oct 10, 2002
  9. mktman

mktman

Where are you getting the price of that model?

Thx.

#39     Oct 10, 2002
  10. mktman

mktman

1600X1200 gettin pretty small no?

thx.

#40     Oct 10, 2002