I'm looking for a new Flat monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sportsguy, Sep 22, 2002.

1. to add to my 18" trinitron. . . .

any suggestions as to the best flat panel monitors
    and how/where to acquire it? thanks

I have a 2 Ghz P4 Dell with 512 megs Ram, XP Pro, and 2 hard drives, using AT Financial real time, TC2000 EOD, and so unless that isn't enough, let me know that also. . .

thanks in advance

sportsguy

2. Merl4

Merl4

ebay....I purchased all my equipment, with the bid process. Found some great deals and very nice equipment.

3. which models are the best? anyone experienced with not so good ones?

sg

4. sportsguy,

If you use what Merl4 suggests, I agree you can get some very good deals @ e-Bay. However, buyer beware with the auction sites.

I just picked up two 19" Planar flat panels (CT1904Z) (there seems to be a lot available right now on e-Bay) - I paid an average of $600 each. (The lowest price I have found retail was around $850-$900).

These are my first experience with lcd's and so far I am very satisfied with their performance. Especially compared with the 17" CRT I was using - much more relaxing on the eyes at the end of the day.

The only gripe I can have about these is being non-VESA compliant. Therefore if I want to mount to an arm or a common stand I need to pick up the VESA adapter plate for about $25 each.

Anyway, hope this helps.

5. nitro

nitro

6. I want to drive out to Chicago and meet with you some time! :cool:

sg

7. Flat CRT are poor quality, loss of quality on the boarders of the monitor, go with an LCD... I personally like Samsung

8. Hallzy

Hallzy

9. I hear those enron guys are selling lotsa monitors real cheap....EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

10. #10     Sep 25, 2002