I'm looking for a /ES mentor -and i'll give you half my profits for 2yrs.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by djporter91, Jul 16, 2020.

1. @destriero actually answered this post. That's an honor!

And he will kick your ass, trading, any timeframe, any day of the week, or month...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    #31     Jul 16, 2020
    djporter91 likes this.
  2. BUT, he wins...

#32     Jul 16, 2020
  3. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

You are looking to make $500 a day with a $10K trading account?

ES margin is $13K right now. You wouldn't even be able to trade 1 contract with $10K.

Why would any profitable trader take you on for such a ridiculous proposition?

Traders who are profitable in this business have been trading at least close to 10 years - they have a system down pat. Why would they want to upset their cash cow to take on a newbie like you with a few thousand?

If you are talking a $1MM or more some might be interested.

#33     Jul 16, 2020
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

If it was only this simple, few hours each week. If you last long enough, you will smile at these questions of yours years later.

here is a tip, apart from insider or HFT trading, you need a model with positive expectancy. All money management and psychology come as distance 2nd. And you need to automate to trade.

#34     Jul 16, 2020
    ironchef likes this.
  5. I know where you can get this training, but it is not from me. Message me if you're interested.

#35     Jul 16, 2020
  6. He is a pussy coward, no doubt!

#36     Jul 16, 2020
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Not to worry, we are all newbies and we learn together on ET. If I may, let me give you some food for thought.

Why do you want to trade? It is as opposite to music as they come. If the answer is anything other than you are passionate, then you probably shouldn't trade for a living.

If you just want to dabble and earn some "extra cash", you probably shouldn't either because that is why the majority of the traders failed, just like the majority of people who play musical instruments can't earn money playing musical instruments.

Assume you are truly passionate and would rather do this than anything else including music, then you need to find out which style fits you best, like you play piano and not violin. There are as many successful methods as traders, no one size fits all.

You pick a few professional day traders here and follow them. How do you know who is the real deal. You will know. First and foremost you want to learn how they think, what are their general guiding principle and their philosophy. Out of which you distill your own and formulate your own method.

As an example, @destriero, I knew he was the real deal the moment I compared my BIIB trade to his BIIB butterfly. He yelled at me, called me names and put me on ignore because I was a pest. Still I am grateful because from him I finally learned the difference between position and volatility.

One day you will have your eureka moment and you are there. If not you know trading is not for you.

Good luck.

#37     Jul 17, 2020
    Bugsy, ChipShotTrader and Spooz Top 2 like this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I see your point. No need to argue.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    #38     Jul 17, 2020
  9. ironchef

ironchef

My last post on your thread:

Don't take it wrong, I was just trying to be helpful.

If you insist on finding a mentor, offering money is not the right approach. Good traders don't need your money. The ones who take your money may not have anything to mentor.

Mentoring is a two way street, mentor and mentee have to have mutual respect and be compatible.

#39     Jul 17, 2020
    djporter91, Bugsy, qlai and 1 other person like this.
  10. JSOP

JSOP

No he will be actually be making 2.5% cuz he's only getting half. The troll posts are getting more and more creative. LOL

#40     Jul 17, 2020