I'm looking for a /ES mentor -and i'll give you half my profits for 2yrs.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by djporter91, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ironchef,

You bullshitting again. You like bullshitting huh? What did the OP ask? He asked a very simple question. He do not care about your journey and how you ask around questions.

Maybe the OP does not want to take the path YOU took. Maybe he do not want to filter out shit and endure insults messing around.

The man ask a simple question it is a damn good question.

The man offered to pay someone to show him how to trade. Simple. Either you can help the man or you can not, if not be quiet.

#21     Jul 16, 2020
  2. What you do not understand is that professional trading IS incredibly complicated. It is BRUTAL.

#22     Jul 16, 2020
  3. destriero

destriero

Don't keep looking. Don't keep searching. There is nothing to be found. I could hand you a 100% ROC in a year at a 5 Sharpe and you'd f*ck in sideways and blow up in a month.

And people wonder why this place is looked upon as a joke.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/malicious-trolling-and-stalking.323122/page-35#post-4694894

Dude, you lost. You can't shut up long enough for people to ignore your own posts professing that you're a f*cking loser. Move on. We all have to at some point. Win or lose... and you're never going to make it in this business; that much is clear.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/search/11122036/?q=destriero&o=date&c[user][0]=483534

I didn't lose the bet. I produced a $2MM run and $600K profits for the year (in that account).

What did you do? Tells us three years later, above, that you're an UNMITIGATED DISASTER.

Keep the $5K and buy your wife some KFC and roses.

===============================================

OP, nobody is going to hand you an edge in D1 (as if anyone in this thread has an edge) and your offer is pointless as it's not enforceable.

destriero,

Put your money where your mouth is. Let's bet!! Talk is cheap. Private message me or start a new thread. This week or this month, trading 1 contract my PnL will be higher than yours.

#23     Jul 16, 2020
  4. ChipShotTrader,

The OP asked a simple question that deserves a simple answer. He did not ask you how complicated or brutal trading is.

#24     Jul 16, 2020
  5. destriero,

You have me on ignore like a damn girl, so I can not read your comments, clown.

You can send me the $5000 you owe me too, pussy coward.

Unblock me.

OP, ignore destriero, I am 100% certain he is not helping you, just talking shit and trolling as usual. This guy is the biggest clown.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    #25     Jul 16, 2020
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What you're suggesting is called coaching...not mentoring.

It's very common for traders / educators to get them mixed up.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/any-traders-from-india-here.347082/page-3#post-5157290

You're going to need a lot more than just a few hours over a few weeks. Thus, a good next step is to learn the difference between coaching and mentoring. Next, whatever you get involved with...make sure its done in person with someone trading exactly what you're trading.

Personally, stay away from the coaching stuff even if you do it in person considering you seem to think a few hours over a few weeks could be adequate.

Look at it this way, a good trader most likely will ignore your solicitation to coach you especially in market conditions like what we've experience since the Pandemic begun. There's just too many trade opportunities out there now. Thus, a good coach is not going to put aside or minimize those trade opportunities to coach someone else.

Too many good traders out there having career profits in 2020...so far.

Just as important, a profitable trader with an edge...part of that edge is the trader (him or her) unless you're looking for someone that's 100% automated trader that's just going to give you his / her coded trading system...not going to happen.

wrbtrader

#26     Jul 16, 2020
    Bugsy and SimpleMeLike like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

One thing we can guarantee; you wouldn't be able to find a mentor.
    it is simply not worth mentoring someone even if you give all your profit to the mentor.

what is more workable is you post your trades.
    and we can comment on your trades.

whatever it is , you have to develop your own holy grail,
    and polish/ grind the worthless piece of stone into priceless diamond.

#27     Jul 16, 2020
    djporter91, Asterix, Bugsy and 3 others like this.
  8. BAT31

BAT31

Is it a realistic expectation to earn $500 per day on $10,000 account? That's roughly $130,000, or slightly less, earned in the first year.

#28     Jul 16, 2020
    bone likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Look man, here's the deal.

Someone can mentor or coach you on day trading futures. That's great. You can do what I did, and spend years following the methods and adhering to some salad advice.

My mentor's main MO was very very basic.

What does the market do, MOST OF THE TIME? And during the time frame of 2014 to 2017 when I was with him, it worked like a charm. Because MOST of the time, the intraday moves were easy to see, and the market did the moves he outlined MOST OF THE TIME. Bouncing off a channel top/bottom to give you a retracing of 50% for two 6,2 renko-size bars.

Follow a TL break for 10 ticks of a previous LL/LH. Staying within a Bollinger for half the day on a 5 point ES range.

I learned in that environment. The guy retired in Dec of 2017, right before the shit started hitting the fan.

There is absolutely NO WAY he could mentor me now on the moves we have seen since then, because the market does not do what it used to do MOST OF THE TIME, THIS TIME.

So you could be coached for years on how to day trade a market. But then that market can change radically on you, and you'll be left with nothing.

Your best bet is to just start practicing micro futures on your own with real money.

Another thing the mentor/coach cannot teach you is how to handle the mental side of things. You have to figure out the kind of trader you are, not the kind of market you want to trade. Every personality fits a certain market type, and every market fits a certain personality. It is up to you to figure out how you fit into all this crazy.

Or, you can be psycho like des and trade option diagonal condor flys with the lemon twist.

#29     Jul 16, 2020
  10. I'm not in the US, sorry. You know what, SMB capital does online courses on options which they specialize in. Especially index options. You can look them up on youtube before checking out their paid courses and has a mentorship program since their free content is good for new traders. I understand you don't want to take this route but learning options will give you a better idea on how risk is established and priced into the market and will open your eyes to more opportunities and better ways to reduce risk even if you primarily trade pure futures contracts. Regardless, don't rush into any decisions, good luck.

#30     Jul 16, 2020
    djporter91 and vanzandt like this.