I'm looking for a /ES mentor -and i'll give you half my profits for 2yrs.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by djporter91, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ironchef

ironchef

The others are right, you need to raise your ante to entice a good trader.

Think about it, if I can make 5% a day trading, why would I be interested in a $10K pot from a complete stranger and have to show you 2 years of trading record and give away my secret source?

If I am able to make 5% a day, you need to come in with at least $10M-$100M to get me interested. Then, I can split $500K to $5M of your gain A DAY! Now you are talking.

#11     Jul 16, 2020
    Bugsy and ChipShotTrader like this.
  2. ironchef,

Stop that bullshitting around man. It is too much pony and clown showing going on the ET forum lately. Stop playing around man. He would not be on this forum if he had $10M.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    #12     Jul 16, 2020
  3. 1.) i'm fine if you don't want to show your brokerage statements, but i do need some way to verify your profitability.

2.) i'm pretty well read in trading stuff, ive sifted through multiple assets/strategies. currently settled on FX trend trading (no nonsense forex methodology) and futures day trading (macks pat). the futures trading is new to me, and i'm still trying to figure out my approach. i have beliefs about the markets sorted out ( i think??). i'm relatively disciplined. i don't know if i can truly be aware of what the issue is, but i think it is currently more of the methodology than my psychology. macks 1 tick Stop Entry gets stopped out a lot, there are a lot of fake outs now. I will admit to my weaknesses tho: i have chased trades in demo. i can feel myself getting excited when i enter, and i am definitely excited when im in, even in demo. So i do not have the equanimity to go live yet, at all. especially with $12.50 per tick just floating around. I hope this answer your question a little better.

3.) im a professional jazz musician by trade, and ive been practicing piano since i was a child. it has taught me more about being teachable than anything ive ever done, it is a constant humbling experience. I value the mindset of being an Eternal Student, and i look to learn from everyone that i can. in trading, ive read countless books (Van Tharp, Kaufmann, Williams, LBR, Macks PAT, Naked Forex, Ross Camerons book, John Carter, Jeff Augman, Aziz day trading book, and loads more), ive read pscychology stuff, i've listen to hundreds of podcasts, watched dozens of youtube videos, backtested thousands of trades by hand, and go down forum rabbitholes every now and then. that's part of my problem i think: i've read too much. theres so much conflicting information out there, and i've got analysis paralysis. i don't need another book on setups and risk management. i need to trade. ineed to experiment and practice things in real time. i even think too much about buying pullbacks: do i market order when the ema is touched? do i trail a limit buy at the ema? do i wait for the pullback signal bar and then enter when a strong trend bar appears? Im in my head, and i think too much. Having someone who's a few years ahead of me to just bounce ideas off even would be huge.

i don't have 25% of two years of making $500/day (i can send bank statements to verify). realistically, especially with my risk tolerance, i'd be happy with $100 per day. but i can put $1000-$2000 in escrow for you, no problem. id be happy to work out the details in a message.

#13     Jul 16, 2020
    Onra likes this.
  4. Flat rate. but only if it were due to me deviating from the plan, not if the strategy doesnt work.

#14     Jul 16, 2020
  5. to anyone reading this, im 100% honest. i want to learn from a real life human being who actually does the shit, day in and day out. not an online trading academy where i watch videos and never hear back from anyone, or someone slinging a thirty year old 20 day breakout system.

#15     Jul 16, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. @ironchef

He is NOT playing around...

#16     Jul 16, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I wasn't bullshitting around, just tried to be helpful to newcomers and pointed out how illogical his ask was.

Instead of looking for a mentor, join ET, read and ask questions. He will get more benefit doing that than asking for a recipe or asking someone to spoon feed him.

I joint back in 2014 and acquired lots of trading knowledge simply by hanging around, read every post good or bad, tested every point good or bad, endured a lot of insults, filter out the nonsense and kept the gems.

I can tell you I won't last all these years trading full time if it wasn't for all the great traders here who on occasions had pity and lent me a helping hand here and there.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    #17     Jul 16, 2020
  8. sorry i came off that way. not trying to mooch. i've done a lot of self taught studying over the years, and i just thought a few hours over a few weeks with someone who actually does it full time would be a good next step.

#18     Jul 16, 2020
  9. ChipShotTrader,

You know what? I really do not understand why grown ass people here make things so complicated and bullshit so much.

The OP asked a simple question that deserves a simple response. Either you can help the man or you can not. If you can not help the man shut the F&^& UPP.

I swear bullshitting is at an all time high.

Everybody is infatuated with trying to circumcise a mosquito nowadays.

#19     Jul 16, 2020
  10. Cool, now you know how to "dig", and "learn"...

Takes years...

@SimpleMeLike pay attention. You have absolutely NO clue about this business...

#20     Jul 16, 2020